We currently have an opportunity for a cleaner to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To clean accommodation blocks, office and workshop areas as directed by the SSS/Essence/Management
- Clock in and out daily via the TMS system; report any absence to the cleaning office
- Vacuuming of carpeted areas including stairs
- Wiping down of kitchen surfaces, damp-mopping of floors where required
- Cleaning of bathrooms and ablution areas, to include baths, showers, urinals, toilets, sinks
- Replenish consumables including toilet rolls, soaps and paper hand towels
- Use buffing machines on required floors
- Spot clean carpets, and use carpet cleaning machine as directed
- Empty bins as directed
- Damp-dust all required surfaces including desks, skirting boards, stair-rails, furniture
- Attend individual and team monthly training as directed
- Attend supervisor/Manager’s team briefs and huddles as instructed
- Wear PPE as provided and instructed at all times
- Report all Near Misses and/or accidents through line management as trained
- Observe all Sodexo and/or Authority Health & Safety, Fire, Environmental or QA processes and policies at all times
- Cover absence as required
- Be flexible to cover other areas within the Colchester PFI as directed and where there is a Business need
- This list of activities is not exhaustive, and other/ad hoc duties may be required at any time
The Ideal Candidate
- Some recent experience in commercial cleaning work required
- Driving licence desirable but not essential
- 20 days paid annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service.
- Company pension scheme.
- Employment discount program
- We offer comprehensive benefits that let full- and part-time employees choose the plans that are right for them
- We guarantee all employees will receive respect and fair treatment
- Ensuring a safe and secure workplace
- Providing training on-the-job, online and in classroom settings that help you excel in your current job and advance to positions of greater responsibility
- Opening the doors to higher education
- An employee incentive scheme
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.