About the Role
Here at Sodexo, our talented Chefs use their passion to create beautiful dishes using the finest ingredients, whilst being sensitive to nutritional needs and environmental impact.
We put our dedication to fabulous food in the spotlight to showcase what our talented team can do! We are looking for Chef to join our amazing team!
This is a great opportunity to support our Armed Forces and improve the quality of their daily life, as the site is not only their workplace but also a home to many of them!
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
A few things about you
We want you to bring your passion for food, great communication skills your innovation when you join us!
Being part of a busy team will allow you to demonstrate your excellent service standards, as well as give you opportunities to prepare, cook and present delicious, fresh dishes for our students and staff.
You’ll need to have:
· Food and Hygiene and Health and Safety Certificates
Sodexo embeds a strong Safety culture in everything we do. There will be company procedures to follow so good knowledge of HACCP, COSHH procedures and Food Hygiene Regulation is vital.
Site security clearance is required for this role.
- To ensure all aspects of preparation and presentation of the food service offered meet the Company's standards
- Prepare food to the highest standard of quality at all times
- Follow recipes and instruction, as directed by line manager and in accordance to the required food offer
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department
- To ensure that food is presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment
- Driving sales and promoting service excellence
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed to comply with company and industry standards
- To communicate well with customers and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times
- To attend/receive any job-related training as required
- Report all accidents and near misses in accordance to the health & safety documentation
- Checking deliveries and taking and recording all temperatures, as required.
- Ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace.
- Ensure that all equipment used, is in safe working order and report any faults to line manager, ensuring the equipment is not used until safe.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in working in a busy kitchen environment
- Passionate for producing fresh food to a high standard
- Customer focused
- A strong communicator
- Experienced at working with a team
- Complying to health, safety and hygiene standards
37.5 hours per week
£13.00 per hour
Monday - Friday with occasional weekends
Full protective uniform supplied
Full training provided
Use of site facilities
Cycle to work scheme
Many employee benefits, rewards and recognition.
About the Company
Why choose Sodexo?
You don’t just join Sodexo, you belong.
What do we mean when we say belong?
It’s simple. You create a company where everyone is respected and feels that their ideas count. You take care of the quality of life of your people. You make your workplace inclusive, encouraging people to bring their whole self to work every day. That’s our philosophy in a nutshell.
A career at Sodexo won’t tie you down, it actively encourages your progress. The diverse range of roles we offer is truly infinite. Whatever your skills, experience or passion, you’ll be encouraged and supported to have a fulfilling career.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Click here to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life, health and wellbeing for our employees we provide discounts and benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs. In addition to the essentials like 20 days holidays (plus bank holidays) and pension contribution, we can help you take advantage of being part of Sodexo with benefits such as;
- Sodexo Discounts - discounts from over 1,200 top retailers with you earning WOW Points (cashback) as you shop
- Talk – a free wellbeing support helpline for you and your family
- Up to three paid days each year to volunteer
- Your Lucky Number Employee Lottery (this also supports the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation)
- Cycle to work
- Life assurance