We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Chef to support the Head Chef to performance manage the day-to-day activities within all aspects of kitchen operations. You'll drive customer satisfaction and embed customer advocacy within the kitchen operations team.
You'll prepare and cook food following strict adherence to Sodexo and site specific practices, policies and procedures, ensuring overall cleanliness of the kitchen is maintained. You will support in the growth of services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with Client and Sodexo expectations.
- Comply with all Company and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the work place
- Ensure that the Company's standards of cleanliness are achieved and maintained in pot wash, fixtures and fittings, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, glassware, storage area etc.
- Support with goods deliveries ensuring that all health and safety procedures are followed and documentation completed. Ensure that goods are checked against the order and any shortfalls/damages recorded and the relevant parties notified in a timely manner
- Support to ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the rule ‘first in, first out’
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings to complete job responsibilities to the Company and Client’s standards e.g. health & safety, food hygiene
- Mop up spillages and sweep up debris as required throughout the day, ensuring a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Prepare and cook food following strict adherence to Sodexo and Nestle practices, policies and procedures
- As instructed by the Head Chef, support with cleaning, service and vending
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Champion the Sodexo H&S culture through the report all near misses to the Head Chef and Kitchen Manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level
- Good interpersonal skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication with customers, clients and team members
- Good knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Minimum Level 2 Food Safety
- Positive approach to learning and identify own training needs as appropriate
- Flexible approach to role
- Understand Service Excellence and deliver Service excellence at all time
- Industry recognised Food Safety and H&S Qualifications
- Basic IT skills (Word & Excel)
- Level 3 Food Safety
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.