This position will suit an organised individual with exceptional cleaning standards. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Sodexo offer a competitive rate of pay, extensive on the job training with upskilling available, and access to Sodexo rewards and benefits. Sodexo also offer a contributory pension scheme.
- Assist in the management of food standards and quality across all areas during all stages of food preparation and production
- Work with the Kitchen team in creating and developing new menus
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared, cooked and served to the highest standard at all times in line with menu specifications
- Ensure that methods of food preparation, production, presentation and service comply with Company standards
- Ensure that Kitchen preparation and clear-down procedures are followed on a daily basis
- Ensure a high standard of kitchen cleanliness is maintained at all times
- Ensure good Health & Safety and food hygiene practices are followed at all times
- Ensure minimum wastage occurs within the kitchen, implementing ideas for reducing wastage wherever possible
- Work with the manager in carrying out stock-takes.
- Liaise with the Manager & Head Chef to ensure the service provided is of the highest standard
- Receive and act upon customer feedback, both positive and negative
- Assist with the effective management of stock control and portion control.
- Adhere to the Company credit, cash and purchasing policies at all times
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a similar role, teamed with the ability to deliver innovative menus
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and trends
- Excellent craft skills/qualifications and experience of managing in a kitchen environment.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Personal motivation and passion.
- Hold 706/1 & 706/2 or equivalent and IOSH Certificates
- Work Knowledge HACCAP
- 37.5 Hours per week
- Mon - Fri
- Training will be provided
- Please send your cv to michael.hickey2@Sodexo.com
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process