We currently have an opportunity for a Chef Shift Leader to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Deputise for the Chef Supervisor in their absence
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the unit has sufficient stock to deliver the contract
- Monitor and control wastage and portioning – achieving required waste targets.
- Complete daily production sheets
- Ensure all Sodexo required due diligence paperwork is completed e.g. fridge temperature records
- Lead the team of Chefs ensuring that all levels of the contract are delivered at all times
- Undertake any reasonable task as directed by the Chef supervisor, Head Chef and Mess Manager
- Undertake continual professional development
- Attend team huddles and cascade information down to the team to improve engagement within the kitchen team
- Deliver training as required ensuring that all individuals in team have the skills needed to operate and progress
- Manage the production levels during core meal periods by managing the pass
- Ensure the team adhere to the uniform and personal hygiene regulations set out in their induction packs
- Lead the team ensuring that all levels of quality, cleanliness, food safety and hygiene are in line with Sodexo company policies and procedures
- Embrace and grow a ‘zero accidents culture’ within the team by ensuring the accurate reporting of near misses and accidents as well as reporting any equipment defects to the helpdesk
- Ensure all members of the team adhere to the guidance set out in Safe Systems of Works (SSW)
- Ensure the correct storage, disposal and recording of food in line with company policies and procedures
- Responsibility for leading and delivering functions as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Chef knowledge and skills
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Able to demonstrate leadership and management knowledge and skill
- Able to demonstrate catering/hospitality industry skills and knowlege
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Level 2 Food safety
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
This is a great opportunity to grow within our business, on a key site near Coventry.
The role is 40 hours a week across 5 days , hours of work are between 630am-815pm, which will be on a rotational basis with the chef manager, this is a key criteria the right candidate would need to do early morning shifts as well as afternoon and late evenings finishing no later than 815pm
20 days annual leave a year plus bank holidays
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.