Chef - Part Time
We are currently seeking a highly talented and driven person to work in the one of our Cork sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
To ensure that the preparation, presentation and services are carried out promptly and to the agreed company standards and to promote a friendly and helpful atmosphere
Fluent English essential and a good understanding of the Irish language
· To maintain a high standard of food hygiene, safety and cleanliness in accordance with the company and client policies and statutory requirements
- To prepare and serve supper for the community
- To clean after the service to lock the premises
· To present food in line with company policy ensuring its customer appeal at all times.
· To maintain effective communication between yourself and your community,
· To carry out any reasonable request by the unit manager, client account manager, client of chef.
· To prepare and assist in any special functions, which may sometimes be outside normal working hours
· To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary from time to time. Some of which may occur outside normal working hours
· To carry out reasonable periods of overtime as may be required from time to time.
- To train new colleagues by showing them tasks and how thing are done.
The Ideal Candidate
You must be reliable and be able to work on your own initiative.
This is a role within a convent.
Garda Clearance required for this role
Weekend and evening Teas Required
Chef - Part Time
11 hours every second weekend
Training will be provided
Please send your cv to Carmel.firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process