We are currently recruiting an organised, enthusiastic Chef Manager with excellent communication skills to support the catering operation at Learning and Development Centre, Newbold Revel.
As Chef Manager, you'll support all catering activity, ensuring service delivery excellence. You'll provide leadership and clear direction to the teams, ensuring they are motivated and engaged and that they understand how their contribution impacts the business.
Our wealth of experience partnering Government Agencies means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs. Our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce overall costs to the taxpayer.
- Deliver the agreed SLA - Manage the catering function and services to the agreed standards, ensuring that deadlines and targets are achieved
- Maximise the profitability of the catering service and meet targets as set by the GSM, whilst managing costs effectively
- Manage the Catering Team - Lead, develop, manage and motivate a high performing team to the agreed standards ensuring that the client receives services of the highest quality
- Ensure that statutory requirements and company policies and procedures are followed
- Maximize sales within Restaurant, vending and hospitality
- To take responsibility for ordering of all goods and stock control
- To keep ROL up to date
- To close books in a timely manner in accordance to company policy
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction are monitored, measured, and managed.
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience of catering management in a similar environment
- People management experience
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, be persuasive and decisive
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria, for example health and safety, hygiene
£24,400 - £27,600 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process