Catering Production Manager
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Production Manager to manage the delivery of the catering services production area, including leading and managing a team to achieve budgetary and performance targets.
The successful candidate will support the Food Service Operation Manager in ensuring a program of continuous service development is at the heart of all catering services. This includes delivering services at all times in line with the monitoring processes, contractual service specifications and performance standards.
- Drive curriculum and job-related training to ensure delivery and record completion is as required
- Accountable for compliance checks as required, including electrical and equipment checks
- Manage staff in line with the appropriate policies in relation to issues including conduct, performance, absence, grievance, fair treatment, pay progression, leave and all other HR policies
- Conduct KRONOS payroll procedure in line with site exceptions targets, ensuring the accurate and timely payment of all staff
- Maintain staffing levels in line with service requirements; liaising with Agency as necessary
- Establish good working relationships with service users - attend meetings and complete any remediation where necessary
- Deliver all targets in line with financial and day to day business needs
- Ensure health and safety standards are understood and delivered across the whole Catering Services production area. This must include any agency staff and all employees from their first date working on site
- Ensure effective two-way communication to all levels of staff within area. This will include ensuring that team briefings take place and that Company and Trust objectives and values are communicated
- Liaise closely with third party contractors to ensure that a quality and value for money service is provided
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong operational background in Catering services inclusive of Health & Safety, Food Safety ideally with experience in Healthcare
- Proven experience of managing a diverse workforce within a service environment
- Experience of managing to budget requirements within a catering service
- Previous experience of working within a unionised environment
- Previous experience of using HACCP or similar Risk Assessment systems
- Experienced in training and developing staff
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.