A great opportunity has become available for a Catering Manager to join the Sodexo team in Magdalen College School – an Independent day school in Oxford. You should be of contract catering background, previous experience in the education sector would be beneficial but not mandatory, you should be passionate for fresh, nutritious and innovative food offer and previous experience as a chef would be preferred.
To do well in the role, you would have a great financial sense, excellent client relationship management skills, proactive attitude and the ability to deliver outstanding service. Flexibility in this role is expected – to meet the hospitality offer requirements on site.
We offer a great team, a salary circa £40,000 along with a generous holiday allowance and excellent development and progression opportunities within Sodexo.
- Effectively manage the Sodexo team to ensure that exemplary services are provided at the school.
- Manage resources and promote an ethos of teamwork and to instil a culture of continuous improvement.
- To be responsible for the service at the school leading a management team to ensure delivering against Key Performance Indicators.
- Act as the primary representative of Sodexo within the contract by the effective management of all Managers to ensure the delivery of both qualitative and quantitative results
- Foster long term profitable relationships with the schools to maintain existing business and identify new business opportunities by delivering operational excellence
- Provide direction and expertise to the operating teams by promoting Sodexo strategies and best business practices in order to uphold the Company mission and values
- Motivate and lead a high performing team to achieve their objectives
- Manage all aspects of service planning and execution of functions and potential lets / commercial events
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record in Contract catering management role
- Experienced business manager who has operated in a multi-disciplined environment
- Strong level of literacy, numeracy and IT literacy
- Experience of managing an overall budget with diverse functional components
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Clear and effective leadership style
- Ability to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions/approaches
- Strong ability to increase individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- High level of self-motivation
- Strong ability to build professional partnerships and communicate at all levels, particularly at senior client levels
- Ability to set high standards, achievable through striving for continuous improvement
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.