Catering Dietitian - Healthcare
Our UK Healthcare segment have a fantastic opportunity for a Dietitian to join our talented and hard working team based at Chesterfield Royal Hospital.
Sodexo Healthcare work by the side of healthcare organisations in both the public health (NHS Trusts) and private healthcare sector, using science, technology and global experience to enable human-centred care.
This is an excellent opportunity where you will be part of a great team and have lots of flexibility as you strive to improve nutritional standards for patients. In this role you will provide in-house nutrition and dietetics expertise which includes reviewing and drawing on current research, guidelines and good practice. Your excellent communication skills will be key to your success as you develop effective strategic working relationships with Trust Dietitians, Speech and Language Therapists and facilities services, as well as the Sodexo Healthcare team to advise and implement changes on matters relating to food/ hydration.
You don't just join Sodexo, you belong
Join Sodexo and you become part of a worldwide, extended family. Team spirit is strong and encourages people to stay long-term. You can bring your whole self to work every day and we cant wait for you to join the team!
- Support with the provision of safe, nutritious and cost-effective food for all patient groups across the hospital.
- Advise Sodexo and Chesterfield Royal Hospital of relevant nutrition and dietetics issues; providing in-house nutrition and dietetics expertise. Actively keep abreast of current research, best practice and trends in nutrition and dietetics, both clinically and as applied to food and beverage services, using this to underpin and maintain a CPD portfolio
- To keep up to date on all relevant nutritional and monitoring standards, including those set by the Care Quality Commission (and equivalent monitoring bodies throughout the UK), British Dietetic Association (BDA) and the Department of Health. ..
- Work collaboratively alongside the in-house special diet team to apply existing standards to develop and assess recipes and menus, including therapeutic and modified texture diets.
- Assist with menu reviews, ensuring that the nutritional content of the menus meet national standards and guidelines, by undertaking accurate nutritional analysis of recipes/menus.
- Monitor and evaluate contract standards in relation to dietetics
Contribute new ideas for product development and identify gaps in current ranges
- Develop and effective strategic working relationship with the Sodexo patient dining team, suppliers and their dietitians as well as contract specific dietitians, ensuring best practice is shared and disseminated as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Trust on Nutritional Care and Hydration policies and support with initiatives relating to dementia care and other nutrition focused patient care
- Develop a web of influence outside of Sodexo, including but not limited to; BDA, the BDA Food Services Specialist Group (FSSG) and the Hospital Caterers Association (HCA)
- Help produce customer literature and collateral – e.g. brochures, picture menu’s
- Seek feedback from customers through surveys and consultation projects
- Attend relevant meetings within the Trust (e.g. nutritional steering group meetings, dietetic meetings etc)
- To provide diet and education training to Sodexo/ Trust staff
The Ideal Candidate
- A HCPC UK Registered Dietitian (valid Health Professions Council number) and evidences regular CPD activities
- Member of the BDA
- Member of BDA FSSG
- Member of the HCA
- Consistent sound and relevant dietetics experience, some of which has been within the NHS
- Previous exposure to working as a dietitian within the food service or food manufacturing industry
- Experience of reviewing menus based on cook-chill and cook-freeze catering systems
- Food safety knowledge and understanding
- Trained in public relations and / or media skills
- High level of confidence and knowledge in nutrition and dietetics and keeps abreast of current trends and research in food services and relevant aspects of clinical dietetics
- Competence in the use of nutritional analysis software and data accuracy in nutritional analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective time management and high level of organisation
- Motivated and self-disciplined
- Effective presentation skills
- Able to meet deadlines and targets in a timely and effective way
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent English language writing skills
- Ability to be a successful team player as well as working autonomously as the role requires
- Flexible and able to respond to last minute requests
£38,000 – £44,000 pro rata + great benefits
Location: Chesterfield Royal Hospital
12 months Fixed term contract Part Time
Work Pattern – 16hrs pw flexible 3 days between Monday to Friday
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.