Business Support Operative
We currently have an opportunity for a Business Support Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
To provide a high level of customer service within the operational areas by using initiative and excellent communication skills, promptly and effectively :
- Assisting and being part of the efficient operation of a 5 Star Business Support facility.
- Deliver a consistent high level of customer service to all building users.
- Full understanding of the scope of the Business Support Centre and the wider FM provision.
- Dealing direct with facility users and resolving any issues efficiently.
- Ability to multi task across all services as follows;
- Provide Concierge Services.
- Mail sorting and distribution
- Print fulfilment
- Courier Services & Archiving management
- Stationery fulfilment.
- Event co-ordination
- Facilities Helpdesk
- Building Induction support
- Security pass production.
- Floor Steward deputising & AV Support
- Assisting the FOH Team in relation to Switchboard & Reception if required
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills and experience
- Previous experience of working in a similar service environment via a multi-skilled workforce to blue chip organisations or within prestige environments with a strong focus on customer service.
- Awareness of the need to provide services in a sensitive manner such as not to affect Unilever’s business or reputation.
- Comply with Company and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
- Strong team player within a high quality customer service operation
- Be self motivated and work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines is essential
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and multi-service team service personnel to achieve results
- Some knowledge of systems relating to tracking of helpdesk requests or room bookings
- Good eye for detail
- Confident in dealing with customers and clients at all levels in an appropriate manner
- Experience in using a range of IT products to generate reports (Word, Excel etc)
- Highly customer focussed and a proactive problem solver / innovative thinker.
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
We currently have a vacancy for a Business Support Operative based at Unilever's head office in Leatherhead, Surrey. This role is 40 hours a week, Mon - Fri 7am - 6pm (shift rotation). The purpose of the role is to provide the following:
Working as part of the team and leading the team to successfully deliver the BSC service whether it be in relation to floor steward duties, porterage, reprographics, post and couriers and events management.
Work as part of the Sodexo team building on a one team approach and eliminating the ‘not my job’ mentality.
To show flexibility within the role and be prepared to assist in either areas within the unit when necessary
When possible to undertake overtime as requested to ensure the efficient operation of the Business Support Centre.
Develop, nurture, train and motivate team members as Ambassadors to our client and Sodexo
Create a customer centric culture, ensuring every customer feels welcome, and receives the appropriate level of service for their needs
Ensure everything on site is functioning and if issues do arise work on resolving it with no or limited impact on the customer, they are escalated to the senior management team, timely with clear resolution. Always represent Sodexo in a welcoming manner, which is safe and without risk.
Develop a comprehensive knowledge of our client and Sodexo, whilst creating strong relationships across the business.
Make certain that all service level agreements relating to the contract are achieved and a clear understanding of expectations is shared with the wider team.
To fulfil all health, safety and environment safety procedures (SEMS) to foster safe working practices and ensure the team are full competent. This may include on site incident control management procedures.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.