We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Business Manager to oversee a team of 20 employees to deliver a high-quality service to patients and staff 365 days a year.
The prestigious Nuffield Hospital in Brentwood, Essex has a staff restaurant, patient feeding and hospitality. You’ll have to ensure food is delivered in a clean safe environment ensuring all areas of safeguard, EHO and Nuffield policies are adhered to. You’ll manage all aspects of staffing and ensure the smooth running of patient and staff feeding, liaise with clients to ensure all requests are completed within the required timeframe and attend client meetings and represent Sodexo.
- Order all provisions in line with Sodexo ordering policy and using Recipe on line or for non-food goods use nominated Sodexo suppliers
- Ensure that all areas of the kitchen and food service areas are kept clean and well maintained. Reporting any defaults to client and helpdesk and ensuring completion of outstanding issues
- Ensure completion of all the Sodexo SMS paper work, temperatures, electrical checks, COSHH, HACCAP etc.
- Pass all internal and external audits such as safeguard, EHO and Nuffield audits
- Manage the team to achieve the desire results driving forward service excellence and delivering quality
- Train all members of the team using the Sodexo GREAT training cards, induction, Nuffield training, passport training and competency observations
- Ensure the weekly rotas are complete in the correct time frame and labour is managed within budget agreements
- Complete daily and monthly billing and daily cashing up in accordance to Sodexo’s trading procedures
- Liaise with the hospital director and clients team
- Work in line with IIP Gold standards and maintain the sites accreditation
- Manage grounds maintenance and window cleaning in accordance to specifications
- Provide client quotations and mange subcontractors if successful
- Manage the Costa account and ensure it remains compliant
The Ideal Candidate
- Track record of developing and leading a team
- Good written and verbal communication
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite
- Previous management experience in delivering results
- Experience in managing client relationships
- Organised and by able to deliver on time
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.