Building Fabric Technician
The role relies on you being able to get on and do directed and scheduled jobs / tasks without supervision, so it is important that you are happy to work under your own initiative, but obviously respond to any jobs that have been scheduled and respond to reactive tasks as directed or as instructed by your line manager.
Additionally it is understood that you would understand the need for flexibility, and take on any duty that may be properly deemed to be part of the role
It is important that all members of staff are prepared to take on additional duties or relinquish existing duties in order to maintain efficient running of the maintenance service and meet client requests / tasks / expectations. We require the Technician to be proactive as well as being able to meet reactive demand.
The Technician will be required to undergo regular Health & Safety training in line with legislative requirements and task requirements as well as attending annual campus induction training. Safe work methods and specific equipment training will also be provided. You may also be required to participate / attend specific task related training or legislative compliance training.
Daily / Weekly Tasks
- Washroom Maintenance including plumbing / fitting / replacing sanitary ware
- As required Drilling and fitting shelves, soap dispensers, toilet roll holders as requested by the cleaning coordinators etc to walls
- Unblocking drains or assisting a drainage contractor as and when necessary
- Fire door and general door maintenance – Audits / Recording Faults / Assessing and ordering parts / Conducting Repairs
- Air Handling Unit Filter changes – Movement of filter stock to roof storage locations / meter readings / filter changes
- Possible re lamping / diffuser changes / ceiling tile replacement
- High level dusting / cleaning
- Assist with meeting room reconfigurations if requested
- Daily / weekly check for blown light bulbs in all main common & public areas and log with Facilities
- Occasional paint / tile and decorate projects
- Monthly Facilities and Sodexo vehicle valeting
- Prune / cutback shrubbery as scheduled in picnic areas
- As required remove heavy items from the building to bins/skips for disposal
- Annually Clean light fittings that are enclosed
- Spot clean / clean window blinds in meeting rooms as scheduled and report faulty / damaged blinds to Facilities Dept
- Check and repair Associate personal lockers
- Jet wash picnic area slab paving
The Ideal Candidate
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Able to keep confidentiality
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Literate / Numerate
- Good IT skills – Email / Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
- A degree of flexibility
Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- General plumbing qualification (City& Guilds / NVQ) plus practical hands on experience
- Good all round maintenance experience including basic carpentry / paint & decorate / tiling
- Basic electrical work – replacing damaged sockets / lamps (no new circuits)
- Electrical safety
- IPAF or Fork Truck certificate would be beneficial
- Experience of working within a small maintenance team
- Basic knowledge of Risk Assessment / Safe Systems
- Working in confined space training or certificate
- Abrasive Wheels Certificate
- Range of power tools – practical experience / knowledge
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Building Maintenance Engineer to work at the Nestle Coffee Factory in Tutbury.
This is a permanent position, 37.5 hours a week, office hours, Monday - Friday.
The Maintenance Engineer will be expected to carry out various PPMs and reactive maintenance.
As a Building Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to:
· Carry out planned and reactive maintenance
. Complete regular building standard checks and inspections
. To undertake reactive maintenance and planned duties as required within set service level agreement whilst ensuring that health & safety obligations are met
. To undertake reactive tasks for our customers, ensuring that work standards are high and tasks are completed on time
· Fault finding and repairs of a variety plumping, building fabric and mechanical equipment such, AHU's etc.
· Complete small works installations if required
As a Building Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to have the following skill set and experience:
· NVQ level 3 in a building services related discipline or completed 5 years in the building industry
· Experience of working in the Food maintenance sector
· Effective problem solving & organisational skills
· Full clean UK Driving Licence
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.