Barista / Food Service Assistant
To manage unit adhering to Sodexo standards & Provide operational support in the preparation, cooking and serving of all food and beverage provision.
- To manage Coffee shop and provide support in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages.
- To lead shifts when assigned by line manager, taking responsibility for delivering brand standards in, but not limited to cash management, opening the unit, preparing for the shift, closing the unit, orders, monitoring and delivering high standards of customer service, accepting deliveries.
- To perform the role of float where required.
- Train all new team members to Barista level using appropriate training materials
- Take responsibility for checking the quality of the espresso by accurately measuring & recording the grind & dose
- Ensure all drinks are made and served to brand standard
- Support team throughout shift to ensure delivery of service to brand standard
- Identify any gaps in training and undertake any training as required
- To ensure all coffee equipment is in good working order and report any faults as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Fully trained to Barista standard with full understanding of brand standards.
- Literate & numerate
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, client & staff
- Passionate , friendly and diligent
- Ability to work with a team, and on own initiative
- Flexible approach to the role
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.