Assistant Security Manager - Healthcare
Our UK Healthcare segment have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Assistant Security Manager to join our talented and hardworking team based at Project Jupiter in Leamington Spa.
Sodexo Healthcare work by the side of healthcare organisations in both the public health (NHS Trusts) and private healthcare sector, using science, technology and global experience to enable human-centred care.
Reporting to the General Services Manager, your focus will be the strategic accountability for the Security service and staff. You will ensure that all staff and visitors have a safe and secure environment whilst providing a high standard of service. This will suit an experienced Security Supervisor or Manager who has a solid background of managing high staff numbers and is able to demonstrate proven consistent relevant experience.
You don't just join Sodexo, you belong
Join Sodexo and you become part of a worldwide, extended family. Team spirit is strong and encourages people to stay long-term. You can bring your whole self to work every day and we cant wait for you to join the team!
- Management and development of staff, responsibility for workforce planning
- Work closely and develop strong working relationships with client and our teams to ensure high levels of client and service user satisfaction
- Ensure that health and safety standards are understood and delivered across all of laboratory operations
- Contribute to strategic discussions as part of the site management team
- Management of 3rd party contractors used on site in relation to security
- Assist the General Services Manager in contract compliance and being accountable for delivering services to the contract and service specification in an efficient manner.
- Accountability for escalating potential risks identified as appropriate.
- Provide written reports and witness statements to the authorities as required.
- Ensure that all incidents relating to Security and Car Parking are recorded on the incident management system and acted on as per the assignment instruction.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient IT user (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- A confident and adept communicator, with the ability to operate effectively at all levels.
- SIA Frontline guarding Licence
- Supervisory experience in the security services, ideally with exposure to the healthcare market.
- Strong operational background in Security within facilities management, leisure, retail sectors, (or related), ideally with exposure to the healthcare market.
- SIA CCTV License
- IOSH Managing Safely Certification or equivalent
to £33,000pa (depending on experience) + great benefits package
Location: Rosalind Franklin Laboratory Royal Leamington Spa,
Work Pattern – 40 hrs pw Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with flexibility for occasional on call weekends
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.