A fantastic opportunity for an individual who has experience in contract catering, to work with catering teams across a group of schools in the Bristol area.
The role will focus on the leadership of the catering teams across the sites as well as liaison with Clients to build relationships and ensure an excellent service is provided.
- Develop and ensure a high focus on employee safety and positive client relations – ensuring that clients know you are on site and for what added value reasons.
- To conduct site service evaluations, realising action plans and implementing change required to meet the consistent standards
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels in the Company and Client sites
- Participate in creation of craft and business training modules to support operational / contractual obligations
- To implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of food and personal hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Where required, support the recruitment, interviewing, control and discipline of staff according to the needs of the Business and within the procedure laid down by the Company.
- Actively support the Business Development team via food presentations and highlighting case studies
- Be aligned with current food trends via social media, trade events to support offer development
- To support Senior Manager in client meetings and understand the financial performance and be able to present new budgets, meal price adjustments etc
- To provide on/off site mobilisation and contract retention support – physical and administrative (compliance file/documentation compilation, initial food and equipment orders
- Provide on-site pro-active craft and gross margin training to minimize wastage and maximise profit
- To attend to and take all necessary action, statutory and otherwise in the event of accident, fire, loss, theft, lost property, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and complete the necessary return and/or reports
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in managing a catering service across different sites
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of management
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- Passionate about school food
- Ability to be flexible and pro-active in a fast paced environment
- Understanding and ability to manage financials and drive uptake of meals on site
- IT literate
- Driving licence - travel essential
About the Company
Alliance in Partnership (AiP) was established in 1998 and serves food in over 400 schools and colleges across England and employs 1,500 staff. Alliance in Partnership Group of Companies also include The Contract Dining Company and Class Catering.
Alliance in Partnership Group of Companies was acquired by Sodexo in December 2018 and continue to serve healthy, nutritious food in a fun and welcoming environment.
AiP are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (UK).