Advanced Nurse Practioner
Are you hungry for the opportunity to be part of something exciting?
HMP Bronzefield are recruiting for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
You will have the opportunity not only to utilise your current Nursing skills whilst providing the best possible care to your patients but you will also have the opportunity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team across the prison setting promoting a holistic approach to treatment offered to patients in your care.
You will be a role model for the nursing staff team and lead by example. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop others by means of clinical supervision, training and development.
Sodexo Justice Services have provided Healthcare within Prison environments for over 10 years and have learnt and developed how to adapt care in a challenging environment to ensure patients are at the centre of every decision and intervention. If you too would like to enhance your existing skills by Nursing in an environment like no other, then you need to read on.
Sodexo Justice Services prides itself upon a holistic model of care that promotes well being from the inside out. Working with people who have wide range of needs from Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Primary Care and Complex needs. By maximising the opportunity for a full Medical Assessment whilst in custody we prepare patients to be in the best possible condition for when they leave prison. With the aim of reducing the risk of re offending behaviour.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
The following are the core responsibilities of the Advanced Nurse Practitioner:
- Assist with the prescribing practices and support of the NMP clinicians within the services.
- Develop, implement and embed health promotion and well-being programmes.
- Assist the nursing team to manage patients presenting with a range of acute and chronic medical conditions, providing subject matter expert advice to patients
- Implement and evaluate individual specialized treatment plans for chronic disease patients
- Identify, manage and support patients as risk of developing long-term conditions, preventing adverse effects on the patient’s health
- Provide advanced, specialist nursing care to patients as required in accordance with clinical based evidence, NICE and the NSF
- Deliver medicines management and enhance safe prescribing in the custodial environment
- Provide specialist clinics.
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Valid NMC registration
- Excellent leadership skills
- Commitment to the delivery of high-quality services
- 5 years qualified experience as a registered general nurse
- Post graduate diploma or Qualified Modular Equivalence
- Qualified Triage Nurse
- Minor Illness qualification
- Ability to work within own scope of practice and understanding when to refer to GPs
- Understands the requirement for PGDs and associated policy
- Understands the importance of evidence-based practice
- Requesting pathology tests and processing the results, advising patients accordingly
- Experience of prescribing and undertaking medication reviews
Salary £42,000 - £50,160 per annum + London weighting (£3,453 per annum)
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.
The role will be based within the prison at HMP Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW15 3JZ.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.