Administrator - HMP Altcourse
What We Are Offering:
- Salary £23,471.86 Per Annum.
- 40-hour week, Monday to Friday.
- Please see the attached benefits guide to see everything we have to offer!
What the Job Looks Like:
As an Administrator, you'll play a crucial role in supporting our prisoners for release by maintaining prisoner core files following Court appearances to ensure release on the correct day as well as other key prison areas in parole, recall, HDC and complaints.
We know that candidates may be apprehensive about the thought of working in a prison environment. However, at HMP Altcourse we foster an environment of rehabilitation and development whilst ensuring a secure and safe environment to work in. You will be fully supported by our staff, who will always ensure that you feel comfortable and safe to confidently fulfil your duties.
Whilst the role is varied and you can be expected to carry out a variety of administration tasks, some of the key areas you will likely be involved in are:
- To update resident case files and HMPS NOMIS system.
- Check validity of warrants and action as appropriate, calculate fine pay outs.
- Calculate release dates in accordance with HMPS guidelines
- To act as the crown court calendar clerk.
- To administratively support other processes within the Custody Offices remit (HDC, Parole, recall, complaints)
- To ensure residents are released on the correct date with the appropriate provisions made.
Join us at HMP Altcourse and become an integral part of our dynamic administrative team!
The Ideal Candidate:
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has worked in a prison setting and is wanting to begin their career in administration or for someone who wants to continue developing their administration competencies in a new environment.
We would encourage you to if you meet the following criteria:
- Ability to work as part of a pro-active and busy team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm to learn and continuously develop.
- To participate in training as required.
- Good personal organisation skills.
- Good listening and communication skills.
Your dedication and enthusiasm will contribute to the effective operation of our prison and the fulfilment of our goals. If you're ready to embark on a journey of growth and achievement, apply now and be a part of our success story!
Why Join Us?
At Sodexo, our purpose is to create a better every day for everyone to build a better life for all.
Sodexo’s vision for HMP Altcourse is to develop a safe, stable, and progressive environment with modern facilities dedicated to reducing re-offending and enabling individuals to fulfil their potential. Every aspect of the prison is designed to help prisoners make meaningful progress in their sentence and personal development goals within a surrounding culture of rehabilitation.
An opportunity too good to miss
As the global leader in services that improve the Quality of Life, we operate in 55 countries, serving over 100 million consumers each day.
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions. And for that you’ll receive an excellent benefits package including access to gym facilities on site and a Blue Light card.
We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities, and we celebrate diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome and can be the best versions of themselves. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications from candidates from under-represented backgrounds.
If you have the ambition to build a successful career and the people skills to build successful relationships, apply now for a career that’s too good to miss.