1st Line Support
We are currently looking for two 1st Line Support Technicians to join our busy team in Salford. You will be responsible for the receipt of problems reported by customers, and the co-ordination of rapid and appropriate responses, including: channelling requests for assistance to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring progress, and keeping customers appraised of progress.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and previous experience in a similar role.
- Escalation procedures, promptly allocating unresolved calls as appropriate. Maintaining the log and advising customers of actions taken
- Providing advice to customers on systems, products and services which are available to them
- Assisting the line manager in identifying personal training and development needs
- Gaining sound understanding of Sodexo specific PC applications and the impact of any fail-ure/problems
- Providing mentoring/training to more junior members of the Support team as required.
- Undertakes any other tasks as requested by Management
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to understand the needs of customers, and keep them in mind when taking actions or mak-ing
- Articulate and effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Organised and methodical
- Demonstrates initiative and anticipates needs
- Self starter
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Experience working in a Support Service environment
- ITIL Awareness
£19,000 - £21,000 per annum + bonus + benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, Defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.