Retail Support Manager
Sodexo Live! have a fantastic, exciting opportunity for a talented customer focussed Retail Support Manager to join our Heritage Portfolio Team, who are part of the Sodexo Family, based in Edinburgh.
Heritage's prestigious client base knows they can trust us to deliver a turnkey service from start to finish, and our reputation for professionalism, innovation and sheer artistry means we have won a plethora of awards.
We are looking for an agile and enthusiastic support manager, who will assist in the operational delivery of our retail sites that sit within some of Scotland’s most and well known historic cultural destinations. This includes the National Portrait Gallery, Modern Galleries 1&2, Musselburgh Racecourse, Royal Botanical Gardens Edinburgh, Hopetoun House and the V&A in Dundee. The role will provide support for all the retail venues across the portfolio in both an operational and administrative role as well as working closely with the Head of Operations to grow the administrational efficiency within the business.
Our people not only look after our customers and clients, they are the heart and soul of our business. Renowned for being a cut above the rest, we would love for you to join the team!
- Ensure all relevant planning, operational and kitchen service delivery functions for retail are in place.
- Ensure all specified control measures, Health & Safety and Hygiene systems are in place to the desired standard of Heritage Portfolio
- To lead innovation and service styles that drives positive PR, positive client feedback, increased revenues
- To play an active part within the wider Retail team – contribute to team activities, discussions and decisions to grow and improve the Heritage Portfolio business
- To articulate the service offers for all retail venues, including the food, the equipment, the flow and the customer experience to improve the Heritage Portfolio business
- To recruit, train and develop team members as appropriate to their job role and growth
- Train, mentor and coach the junior members of the site-based teams in how to operate effectively
- To adhere to all client’s contractual obligations and conduct day to day Heritage Portfolio business in an appropriate manner and within the agreed contractual terms
- Report immediately any incidents or accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unsuitable food offers and take such action as may be appropriate
- To deliver events within the specified budget and create a business forecast business on a weekly basis
- Provide yourself as the Heritage Portfolio Senior management point of contact for the venue and venue client
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Work well as part of a team
- Previous experience in a fast-paced customer facing food/retail business
- Previous experience of working within a Retail/Sales environment with proven record of managing to budget requirements.
- Proficient IT user (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
to £26,000pa + great benefits
Work Pattern – 5/7 normal working week will be Fri-Tues but flexibility required
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities, and we celebrate diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be natural, and be the best versions of themselves. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process