Personal Assistant to Directors
As a Personal Assistant you will provide an efficient, effective and PA support service to the Service Operations platform Directors. This is a key role supporting Service Operations at a senior level interfacing directly with the leadership team, senior managers and clients in addition to exposure to confidential information which will require considerable use of judgment, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Day to day planning and organisation of directors’ diaries
- Cascade all relevant information to each Directors senior leadership team (i.e. Direct reports)
- Organise and attend meetings within reason –Utalise technology to minimize travel time and costs
- Ensuring directors are prepared for all meetings where necessary with agendas / papers, actions are captured and circulated within 7 days
- Act as the primary interface for the director, taking and screening calls/visits accordingly
- The provision of administrative expertise, managing all forms of correspondence where requested, such as sending emails, taking minutes for communication purposes & post when needed.
- Arrange domestic and international travel and accommodation including car hire etc. for the director
- Responsible for drafting reports, typing letters, documents and memos.
- Produce and update Excel spreadsheets and manage team specific databases.
- Produce presentations using Power Point as required.
- Support HR processes such as Star of the Month coordination and On the Spot for their functional teams
- Facilitate the new ways of working around organising video calls, skype and conf calls where possible to reduce travel
- Raise PO’s for Directors cost centres as needed through current process & ensure invoices paid in a timely manner
- Accountable for organising meetings on/off site in addition to client entertaining and events.
- Format and collates presentations for meetings with Executive team.
- Complete administration of expenses
- Order new equipment such as mobile phones, laptops via the online ordering system for new starters
- Complete leaver forms on behalf of Directors & ensure organisational structure section is kept up to date
- Organises employee and client entertaining and events.
- Assists in Co-ordinating Service Ops conferences as requested.
- Maintain distribution lists for each team, ensuring they are updated with starters & leavers
- Keep Org charts up to date & upload to Service Ops Sharepoint on a monthly basis
- Star Awards team support if necessary
- Liaise on other Platform wide projects & communication
- Undertakes other tasks as requested by Director
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous PA / Secretarial skills and knowledge
- Positive can-do attitude who can work using own initiative when needed and also be a team player
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role at a comparable level in a company.
- Advanced knowledge of the following packages: MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
- Organised and methodical, able to multi task and plan and prioritise work accordingly and under pressure.
- Articulate and thorough, showing attention to detail.
- Effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates good inter-personal skills and develops relationships based on mutual respect and professionalism.
- Pro-active, demonstrating initiative and anticipates needs.
- Constantly raises the standard and quality of work, benchmarking against best practice.
- Demonstrates discretion and ability to deal with confidential issues.
- Ability to plan and organise workload efficiently
- Accurate literacy / numeracy
- Social Media understanding
- Desirable – Proofreading experience / qualification
- Desirable – understanding of global organisations or the Supply Management, HSEQ, FM, Corporate Responsibility functions
- £30,000-£35,000 Per Annum
- 40 Hours per week , Monday - Friday some flexibility may be required
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
Hybrid Working would be considered, Occasional Travel may be required to other Sodexo/Client/Supplier Venues.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process