The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is the UK’s biggest public service department, with a property portfolio of over 800 properties. The portfolio principally comprises front of house Job Centres (JCPs) and Medical Examination Centres (MECs), and an Operational and Corporate Centre office estate.
As the head of the PMO team, you will be responsible for leading the PMO and supporting Programme Managers to manage the full range of PMO activities across a large capital investment programme.
This role will lead the PMO to implement processes and governance to align with the end to end planning and delivery process for all projects from initial feasibility through to financial approval, design, delivery and completion, to ensure projects are delivered on budget, on programme and to a high standard of quality.
You will develop strong relationships with a broad range of key stakeholders to ensure the PMO provides effective support of strategic planning, financial analysis, stage gate reviews/sign off.
- Day-to-day lead of the Capital Projects PMO Lead
- Ensure the successful implementation of the PMO’s strategy, responsibilities, services and deliverables
- Ensure the RAID Log is maintained and up to date
- Ensure dependencies are managed and accurately maintained.
- Build cohesion within the PMO team and motivate them to produce quality work.
- Prepare regular status reporting to all levels of the project organization.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the change control process.
- Lead project planning and milestone management.
- Develop and implement project controls and governance.
- Work with the Finance Business Partner to support in the production of financial trackers and reporting
- Ensure that project information and documentation is securely stored on the agreed systems and is easily accessible by users.
- Ensure timely and accurate provision and sharing of information.
- Develop and implement a performance monitoring and management system.
- Develop and produce a reporting system for project controls.
- Review and improve current systems / processes with a lean approach.
- Production and compilation of required reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
The PMO Lead role requires excellent people, organisation, communication and financial management skills coupled with strong project management skills to ensure the integrity of the individual projects that are within the scope of the Programme. The individual will need to have experience of managing a team and ideally will have led a PMO function. Experience of ‘lean’ management.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.