Responsible for the administration and clerical support to all Coy personnel.
- Office reception duties including answering telephones, greeting visitors, relaying messages within the Company, ensuring that matters are referred to the appropriate individual.
- Maintenance of the Company filing system including first sight files, unclassified and protectively marked files.
- Maintenance of Joint Personnel Administration (JPA) (Defence’s online personnel management system) records as required, personnel leave and moving and tracking of personnel.
- Updating of IT register, staff and social lists and nominal roles.
- Ordering of new ID cards and stationery.
- Checking of Get You Home claims. Signing and checking of movements applications.
- Preparing documents for Deployment Administration Checks (DAC), carrying them out.
- Being capable of drafting and writing service correspondence without instruction.
- Being prepared to give advice and assistance to units and individuals as required and to develop knowledge in order to assist generally in the smooth operation of the Company.
- Being capable of using desktop computer equipment and Windows based software. Willing to undergo further IT training as appropriate and necessary.
- Operation of the facsimile and reproduction equipment as required.
- Collection of mail; daily or as required. Preparing the outgoing mail for despatch.
- Preparing and distributing Company orders.
- Following up on monthly management checks.
- Operational Deployment Record management.
- Conference room and VTC bookings
- Company presence in absence of HQ elements
The Ideal Candidate
- Security Check (SC) clearance required.
- Requires MODNET (Communications and Information System) Account and will be required to undertake Defence Information Management Passport (DIMP) training, which is a mandatory e-learning course.
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous administration experience
- 2 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent; or NVQ Business Administration Level 2
- Good Telephone Manner
- Good Communication skills
- Willingness to attend the JPA course within 3 months of taking up appointment, and other courses which might arise if new systems are brought on-line requiring expertise or if deficiencies are identified. The JPA course is a classroom-based course.
- Travel and overnight stays may be required on rare occasion whilst on training courses (the last holder attended a week-long JPA course in Grantham, for example).
- Knowledge of the JPA system (Defence’s online personnel management system).
- Knowledge of Operational Deployment Records
- Experience of working within a military environment
Contextual or other information
- At the request of the employer, the post holder will attend appropriate courses in order to improve professional skills as detailed above.
- Required to deputise for other personnel during periods of absence as directed by the employer.
- Required to carry out any other reasonable duties which are commensurate with the trade and grade as directed by the line management.
- May be required to work for limited periods of time unsupervised.
- Due to the nature of the role, will need to be security cleared to ‘Security Check (SC) clearance’ level.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.