We are looking for a Production Manager to join our team based at Tillery Valley Foods. The Production Manager will effectively plan, co-ordinate and control all activities within Production Department to ensure efficient operation that meets the customer requirement, achieving the right quality product at the right time in line with health & safety regulations.
- Lead and manage Production Team across all shifts, ensuring high quality service is delivered
- To ensure the optimum utilization of department labour by effective labour planning and training and development of employees.
- To monitor department efficiencies ensuring targets are met and operational excellence is achieved and maintained.
- To effectively and regularly communicate with all team members across all shifts and departments.
- To ensure continued compliance with all aspects of food safety and quality.
- To investigate the root cause of any non-conformances and to implement corrective and preventive measures
- To support all external audits and customer visits.
- To act as a first-level decision maker for all Production related issues, ensuring Production Manager is informed of key issues in timely manner
- To ensure all disciplinary incidents and staff absence are dealt with in a professional and timely manner and in compliance with all HR procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within Production (desirable).
- Experience in leading, managing and motivating a team within a fast paced FMCG manufacturing/production environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to motivate, engage and develop people at all levels.
- Experience in reducing cost throughout the production area and increasing output by focusing on continuous improvement.
- A flexible approach to working and committed to occasional night shift and weekend working.
- Understanding of food manufacturing processes as well as safety and food safety standards (Level 3 Food Safety and Level 3 HACCP desirable).
Up to £38,000 + bonus
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, Defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.