We are recruiting for an experienced Janitorial / Cleaning Manager with a track record in a manufacturing site in a catering/cleaning environment.
As a Cleaning Manager you will be the main point of contact for Sodexo on site to manage and control the cleaning services to the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets. You will manager a great team of 3 supervisors and 46 cleaners.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in cleaning management, a good understanding of health and safety, great financial acumen, and excellent leadership skills as well as remarkable communication skills on all levels.
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Delivery for day-to-day aspects relating to the management and maintenance ensuring a consistent level of service, within the Company's standards, to the contract specification and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- Ensure that excellent levels of service are being delivered across the site(s) in accordance with the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators specified in the service contract
- Administer the payroll for establishment staff and maintain personnel records to comply with statutory regulations and Company policy.
- Organise and oversee cleaning operations within the company. Manage cleaning personnel under your command ensuring the required work complies with Sodexo’s & client standards and procedures
- To organise and oversee certain subcontractors within the company.
- Deal effectively and safely with all service requests and incidents within the range of competence, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Ensure that all Sodexo employees project a positive, approachable, friendly, and professional image.
- Recruit, manage, induct, train, motivate and appraise staff to promote good employee relations and operate within Company procedures, legislation and standards ensuring the accurate and timely completion of all related administration.
- Liaise with client representatives and promptly deal with any client issues or complaints
- Comply with all Company, Client and Statutory regulations and policies, site rules relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place and training of staff.
- Ensure the standards across the site(s) are in accordance with the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators specified in the service contract.
- Ensure that all equipment used, is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to management/client, ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment is not used until safe.
- Attend to and take all necessary action, statutory or otherwise, in the event of incidents or accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site H&S compliance together with the monitoring of related equipment
- Undertake unit audits including cleaning audits, safety walks, site walks
- Responsible for work allocation to the cleaning team, keeping within the specified detail of the contract, the financial budget and working principles.
- Developing, individual, cleaning work schedules, ensuring that the daily weekly and periodic cleaning tasks are carried out to a high standard and meet the contracted standards detailed in the KPI’s/ SLA’s.
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted levels agreed between the Client and Sodexo. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases as agreed with your line manager
- Ensure that the Company’s accountancy documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the Company Compliance Standards and that the necessary weekly & monthly returns are completed accurately and transmitted at the appointed time or dispatched manually.
- Maintain levels of stock, cash, local credit, and debt outstanding to the agreed establishment targets.
- Ensure that all equipment, stock, and the overall establishment, is always safe and secure.
- To accurately manage and account for all financial and inventory activities associated with the delivery of Cleaning Services to contract requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in manufacturing sites in a catering/cleaning environment
- Proven experience in working and leading within a team
- Industry acumen and knowledge of cleaning services ideally within manufacturing industry
- Good understanding of budget management and administrative tasks.
- Knowledge of effective stock management practices.
- H&S qualification – IOSH or similar.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a hands on, practical attitude.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service & communication skills.
- Strong people and resource management skills.
- Experience of working within a standards/compliance environment.
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives.
- Good use of the English language (written and spoken).
- Computer literacy to include Micro-Soft applications.
- Avalible for occasional evening / night / weekends
We are offering a competitive salary of €40,000 - €45,0000 plus access to superb employee benefits
- Free GP service
- Bike to work scheme
- Life assurance
- Company pension scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee assistance program with counselling and life advice supports
- Family leave options
- Shopping vouchers
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process