Hospitality & Events Co-ordinator
Insert intro to role...
- Welcoming staff and visitor’s hospitality facilities and arranging services.
- Delivering a hosting/concierge experience for visitors.
- Co-ordinating meeting room and hospitality bookings and being able to decide and move around the meeting rooms on the system to maximise client requests and relocate booking.
- Computer and manual task bookings.
- To arrange, organise and manage adhoc activities.
- Email management and computerise booking system.
- Producing reports as required.
- Ensuring customer requirements and expectation are met and exceeded where possible
- Act as point of contact for internal/external telephone queries in an efficient and concise manner.
- Act as point of contact to deal with day to day queries made by the client.
- Where appropriate, reporting of accidents and incidents
- Maintain a tidy and professional reception area.
- Assist with setting up of meeting room display/video conferencing equipment for on-site meetings.
- To be on hand to assist/resolve IT issues the client could be having in their meeting room
- To report all maintenance faults to the Service desk and log accordingly.
- To carry out regular and systematic checks of the meeting rooms ensuring rooms are clean, tidy and set up to standard.
- To assist with hospitality food service delivery to meeting rooms when required.
- To have knowledge of all different types of space / room layouts of space and advise client which space would work best for their collaboration meetings.
- Tidy and check rooms throughout the day.
- Liaise with porters for room configurations required for client meeting and liaising with cleaners and catering team on the day to ensure everything is ready and on time and running smoothly.
- To manage all supplier orders including meeting room hospitality.
- To process invoices, track orders where relevant.
- To attend training courses, as required, in order to keep up-to-date with company legislation, policies and procedures.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by client or Sodexo.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent use of English language (written and spoken)
- Professional and courteous telephone manner
- Exemplary customer services skills
- Excellent organisational skills, be efficient and proactive
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service both face to face and over the telephone
- Previous events/hospitality administrative experience advantage
- Attention to detail
- 20 days holidays per year
- Free GP service, Free employee assistance program
- Pension Scheme, Family leave options
- Sodexo Discounts - discounts from over 1,200 top retailers with you earning WOW Points (cashback) as you shop
- Talk – a free wellbeing support helpline for you and your family
- Up to three paid days each year to volunteer
- Cycle to work
- Life assurance
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process