Health and Safety Co-ordinator
We currently have a an opportunity for a Health and Safety Co-ordinator to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
• Responsibility for co-ordinating completion of all Food Safety and Health and Safety documents in line with Sodexo Safety Management System
• Responsibility for maintaining and updating as necessary all Wellington College Health and Safety documentation in liaison with the Health and Safety Department.
• To support completion of Food Safety and Health and Safety checklists where required
• Responsibility for management of archive files
• Completion of 6 monthly ‘In Unit Safety Inspection’ with a member of the senior management team
• To periodically check all working documents within the kitchen and front of house areas
• Maintain strong lines of communication with the senior management team and support managers
• Liaison with the General Services Manager and Deputy in completion of all tasks within your area of responsibility
• Maintain a high standard of dress and personal hygiene at all times.
• Adhere to high standards of safety and hygiene according to legislation and any other statutory requirements.
• To attend meetings and training sessions when required
• To carry out any reasonable request from management within the general scope and purpose of the job
• Read and familiarize yourself with ‘Sodexo’ and Wellington policies relevant to your role and that of the department.
The Ideal Candidate
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety/Food Safety in the workplace
• Experience in good time management and adherence to time lines
• Excellent communicator and able to communicate at all levels
• Organised and able to prioritise workload
• Problem-solving ability
• To work independently and as part of a team
• Be adaptable and flexible
• Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria
• Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own development needs.
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Flexible approach to role
• Discreet and able to maintain confidentiality
• Recognised Catering qualification
• CIEH Level 3
Management role available to work within our London team to cover H+S. This role will have the addition of DGSA training across 4 sites close to each other in the Pancras Sq locations.
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, Sodexo delivers a diverse range of services from catering, cleaning, reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling clients to focus on their core business.