Health, Safety & Quality Manager
To provide an efficient EHS and Quality service. The EHS and Quality Manager for Weybridge CH Sites (including Pilot Plant and Brentside) has responsibilities on site and to work within a team of people based in the UK who are part of a global network. This is an important role which provides wide exposure to management, very client facing, and provides a unique opportunity to learn the company’s varied and diverse activities and has great opportunities for future career progression. The ideal candidate will have a good background in auditing and risk assessments, implementing and maintaining Quality and EHS systems
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Maintain an effective relationship with the Safeguard and corporate EHS groups and regulatory authorities as required
- Maintain communication with key Sodexo and client personnel, monitoring EHS and food safety performance (via contractual and Sodexo required metrics) and providing support, advice, and expertise to operational teams at all levels
- Provide expertise in Heath, Safety, Environment, Sustainability, Food Hygiene and Business Risk and advice and consultancy for Sodexo employees at the client’s sites
- Perform audits of EHS compliance for all IFM services which Sodexo provide to the client. These services include Distribution and Logistics, Document Solutions, GMP cleaning, Pest control, Lab services, Records services, Catering, contract management and facilities management
- Work with the Client’s and Sodexo teams to investigate, analyse root-causes and implement corrective actions where EHS deficiencies are discovered
- Present EHS related topics to Sodexo and Client’s management and produce reports as required
- Conduct training in EHS topics to the Sodexo operations team and third parties where necessary.
- Oversee various processes (e.g., training, change control, risk management, third party management) to ensure compliance to relevant standards
- Formulate, implement, monitor and review EHS plans (including the setting of objectives, agreeing priorities, and establishing adequate systems for performance management) to ensure implementation of legislative requirements and best practice
- Promote and develop a health, safety, environment, and sustainability culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures, and responsibilities
- Manage Business Continuity processes and support testing of Business Continuity Plans
- Customer & Client Focus: Deliver exceptional customer service to build valuable long term relationships with customers and clients.
- Impact and Influence: Communicates to build relationships and interacts appropriately with others.
- Continuous Improvement: Seeks to continuously raise standards and improve quality of performance and service.
- Working with others: Works effectively and professionally with others to achieve the desired results. Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and management; Teamwork is key in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications / Experience:
- A minimum of NVQ Level 4 in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of GMP in a Consumer Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or Medical devices setting.
- Robust knowledge and understanding of Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Sustainability legislation & best practice.
- Practical experience of working in a highly regulated environment including auditing.
- Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft Office).
- Excellent Communication.
- Sets and meets challenging goals & seeks long term improvement.
- Knowledge of GMP Management tools (such as Veeva) would be advantageous.
- Ability to write persuasive and effective reports and communications, which clearly define finding and their causes, and recommendations made.
- Must possess sound deductive skills. The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyse information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable alternative solutions to be question or problem, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative.
- As this role interacts with senior client’s representatives, and senior Sodexo staff, excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required, with an ability to recognise the values within different cultures and acknowledge different ways of working.
The successful applicant will be subject to a standard DBS and client specific, pre-employment checks
Competitive salary of £35,000 - £38,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.