Head of Health and Safety - Catering and Hospitality
Sodexo's Sports and Leisure segment are looking for a Head of Health, Safety, Enviornment, Quality and Risk to join our business and lead in all Fire, Food, Environment, Wellbeing and HSEQ matters.
Our Sports & Leisure Segment deliver exceptional food services and catering, facilities management, event and venues sales support and marketing support to a wide-ranging portfolio of clients including sports stadiums, racecourses, cultural destinations, iconic British events and premium airlines
Reporting in to the Divisional Director you will provide direction on HSEQ and risk management matters to operational and management teams within the segment whilst also connecting with the central HSEQ team to drive the UK&I strategy and ensure the segment voice is heard and factored in to plans.
You will be an experienced Health and Safety professional with a background in the Catering and Hospitality Industry.
Although you won't have any direct reports you will work closely with the HSEQ leads within our contracts promoting a positive safety culture through all activities on our sites.
This is a home based role with travel across the UK
- Lead the Segment in all Fire, Food, Environment, Wellbeing and HSEQ matters; report on performance; provide coaching and direction on compliance; ensure robust processes are in place to facilitate all aspects of the segment’s activities and associated risks; and support business growth.
- Liaise with the Regional HSEQ Director UK/I for strategy, compliance, and direction of HSEQ ensuring segment plans are factored into the Regional plan and are agreed to ensure alignment on approach
- Provide the framework for Sports and Leisure Segment to be compliant with the Sodexo UKI’s Food and HSE & Q Policies and processes, drive continual improvement in HSE culture, performance, and leadership
- Responsible for fostering the relationship with HSE In Contract based teams to create a joined-up collaborative working approach and monitoring compliance
- To ensure that through your QSHE Board member the HSE role plays an integral role in bridging HSEQ compliance to align both operational and commercial requirements with Regional strategy and standards through collaborative working
- Generate a progressive and positive HSE culture which focuses on improving compliant service delivery and individual accountability, where individuals feel enabled to make decisions, speak-out and act in the interests of Food safety, HSE & Quality
For a full list of responsibilities please review the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Chartered HSEQ professional desired
- Experience in managing health and safety in a multi-site environment
- Experience of managing a team, strong leadership skills
- Food safety essential
- Experience in risk management and business continuity planning
- Articulate and able to confidently present to all levels of management and colleagues
- Internal management system auditing qualification or experience to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 27001, ISO 41001 & ISO55001
- PAS 79 Fire Risk Assessments and BS9997 Fire Risk Management standard
Salary is up to £59,200 plus company bonus, car allowance and flexible benefits fund.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much
We are open to a discussion around flexible working and would welcome applications from under represented groups for this role.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process