Food Service Assistant
We are currently seeking a Food Service Assistant to work in one of our Navan sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
- To ensure a smooth service for our client serving and preparing breakfast, dinner and tea.
- May be responsible for wash-up and kitchen duties outside of service shifts or alternating duties during daily shift.
- Alternating day shifts, working different departments on site: i.e. main dining room, nursing home dining room & wash-up area
- Decanting received deliveries following strict food and safety guidelines.
- To work in accordance with the weekly staff roster issued by the Soft Services Manager and to notify the Manager of any illness by 3pm in the afternoon prior to the start of the shift.
- To be responsible for the routing cleaning of public areas and toilets within the house as outlined in your nightly checklist.
- To ensure that all meeting/break rooms are setup for the next days’ business in accordance to set/planned needs.
- The up-keep and implementation of standards with the department in accordance with the agreed quality system.
- Carry-out any special cleaning of specific task (Job of the Day) as well as normal service required in the specified length of time.
- To operate plant & machinery with due care and attention ensuring adherence to health & safety procedures.
- To ensure that you’re present to work wearing the relevant uniform and to the highest possible standards of personal hygiene and appearance.
- To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other persons on the premises.
- To ensure that house policies regarding lost property are complied with at all times.
- To comply with all statutory and legal requirements and Health & Safety, Fire, Hygiene licensing and Employment, ensuring that you are fully aware and practice Sodexo and Columban policies and procedures in these important areas.
- To maintain at all times a good working relationship with your fellow workers and Management.
- To be flexible with regards to working hours in order to handle any unexpected requirements.
- To follow instruction from either the House Manager or Soft Services Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in food handling, cleaning and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene or HACCP.
- Customer Service – a strong commitment and track record in providing a high level of customer service in a busy environment.
- Communication – good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate positively to customers at all level.
- Flexibility – the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment.
Food Service Assistant
37.5- 39 hours per week
5 / 7
Training will be provided
Applications to: Peter.Radzwion@sodexo.com
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process