Day Time Cleaner
To conduct a varied number of cleaning tasks, with specified areas, as directed by the cleaning supervisor /manager.
We are looking for a cleaner to join our team based at The Hammond School in Chester.
We have 1 position available working 25 hours over 5 days per week.
School Term Time Only and pay will be pro-rated across the year.
Shifts will be given within the hours of 10am and 3pm
- Undertake all required training in relation to all aspects of the cleaning service delivered to the client, as requested.
- Complete a schedule of cleaning tasks, as directed by the cleaning supervisor/unit Manager
- Wear the company uniform at all times whilst at work
- Wear any items of personal protective equipment relevant to the task, as specified by the cleaning supervisor/manager
- Comply to all client policies and procedures in relation to housekeeping, infection control, security, safeguarding etc.
- Ensure that all requirements in relation to COSHH are adhered to, as specified by the COSHH folder or cleaning supervisor/manager
- The method of conducting all cleaning tasks is as directed via the training provided by Sodexo.
- Ensure that the site/cleaning offer colour coding policy is adhered to at all times
- Ensure that all requirements of the specified cleaning offer, are carried out, as directed by the cleaning supervisor/ manager
- To report all faults in relation to cleaning machinery/equipment to the cleaning supervisor.
- To report all building defects to the cleaning supervisor
- To carry out any reasonable request, as specified by the cleaning supervisor/manager
- To dispose of waste materials to designated collection points.
- To maintain clean working environment at all times, with special regard to hygiene.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Previous cleaning experience
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.