We currently have an opportunity for a cleaner to join our team ona casual basis. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To clean accommodation blocks, office and workshop areas as directed by the SSS/Essence/Management
- Clock in and out daily via the TMS system; report any absence to the cleaning office
- Vacuuming of carpeted areas including stairs
- Wiping down of kitchen surfaces, damp-mopping of floors where required
- Cleaning of bathrooms and ablution areas, to include baths, showers, urinals, toilets, sinks
- Replenish consumables including toilet rolls, soaps and paper hand towels
- Use buffing machines on required floors
- Spot clean carpets, and use carpet cleaning machine as directed
- Empty bins as directed
- Damp-dust all required surfaces including desks, skirting boards, stair-rails, furniture
- Attend individual and team monthly training as directed
- Attend supervisor/Manager’s team briefs and huddles as instructed
- Wear PPE as provided and instructed at all times
- Report all Near Misses and/or accidents through line management as trained
- Observe all Sodexo and/or Authority Health & Safety, Fire, Environmental or QA processes and policies at all times
- Cover absence as required
- Be flexible to cover other areas within the Colchester PFI as directed and where there is a Business need
- This list of activities is not exhaustive, and other/ad hoc duties may be required at any time
The Ideal Candidate
- Some recent experience in commercial cleaning work required
- Driving licence desirable but not essential
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.