Provide a high level of Administrative Support to all members of the J4 team.
- Check the CILOR applications are accurately completed so that the correct amount is authorised and meets all regulations. Joint Service Publication (JSP) 456 Volume 2, Chapter 12.
- Process CILOR applications and log amounts for monthly submission to Field Army. Maintaining all CILOR documents for an end of year report.
- Monitor CILOR dates, working through the Regimental Financial Staff Assistant (FSA) to ensure reconciliation statements have been processed.
- Carry out monthly CILOR audits on random units (2 accounts), to ensure CILOR is being used correctly.
- Prepare and collate Audit and Inspection reports from the various disciplines across the team for inclusion in the Brigade Commander’s report pack.
- Maintain the ARMS reports electronically on the Brigade SharePoint page.
- Assist the Materiel Sergeant (Mat Sgt) in the issuing, receipt, consolidation and management of European Fuel Agency Cards (EFACs) used by Brigade Units.
- Provide advice on CILOR submissions to all Brigade units that require assistance.
- Provide advice on OPBCs to all Brigade units that require assistance.
- Provide support to the military J4 Clerk with booking of branch transport assets.
- Provide support to the Brigade Master Driver with transport bookings for Brigade Exercises.
- Prepare a monthly report to Resources on the Transport booked.
- Monitor and scrutinise the ePC statements for local purchases to ensure all items are accounted for and previously approved.
- Manage and develop the Logistic Support Branch SharePoint site.
- Scrutinise the weekly Army Incident Notification Cell (AINC) report for Safety, Health, Environment and Fire (SHEF) making sure that all Brigade accidents are recorded.
- Produce a monthly Accident report for SHEF.
- Co-ordinate and manage all Health and Safety Courses including First Aid and Portable Appliance Testing (PAT), and process payments and associated finances.
- Maintain the Health and Safety Trained personnel spreadsheet.
- Issue and collate Unit Self Audits for the J4 team.
- Provide admin support for the Brigade J4 team.
- Office duties including faxing, filing and answering telephones.
- Provide consistency for all roles within the team during absence such as exercises, courses and inspections.
- Undertake miscellaneous ad hoc administration tasks as requested by the J4 team.
- Record meeting minutes and publish agendas and records of decisions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Security Check (SC) Clearance required.
- Requires MODNET (Communications and Information System) Account and will be required to undertake Defence Information Management Passport (DIMP) training, which is a mandatory e-learning course.
- 5 GCSEs Grade C or above OR equivalent or NVQ Level 2 Customer Services/Business Administration OR equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages including SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Good telephone manner.
- Good customer facing skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Good organisational skills.
- Proven track record in providing highest standards of service at all times.
- Professional demeanour which generates credibility amongst internal/external customers, staff and client.
- Knowledge of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
- Knowledge and experience of working with military IT systems.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a military environment.
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) (BCS ITQ L2)
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.