Accommodation Manager - Student Living
We are currently seeking an Accommodation Manager to work full-time to support our team at Northumbria University.
In this role, you’ll be part of a high-performing, dynamic team who work collaboratively to create an awesome living experience for our students. You’ll support the guest services and facilities support team by helping them handle customer queries and by acting as an escalation point for any issues that arise.
At Northumbria University we provide student living services across 6 sites (5 in Newcastle upon Tyne and 1 in Gateshead) which house over 2,500 students.
This role will suit individuals with experience within student living, property management (PPM), or facilities management (cleaning, reception, security), teamed with a strong customer focus and interest in student welfare and enhancing the university experience.
- Responsible for ensuring effective delivery of all soft services on-site including, but not limited to, reception, mail, and administration
- Ownership of site health and safety staff inductions
- Ensure correct process is followed with sub-contractors on site and all relevant risk assessments and documentation is received and approved.
- Lead the on-site team, providing direct line management to staff, including conducting regular team briefings, as well as 1-2-1’s.
- Services delivered in a courteous, customer focused and professional manner, maximising the customer journey experience of existing and prospective residents
- Manage the recruitment of direct reports ensuring all RTW documents and paperwork are completed
- Respond positively to feedback by proactively reviewing processes, procedures, and practices to ensure that the needs and expectations of all relevant stakeholders are met
- Pro-actively lead the on-site team in the delivery of high-profile events such as Open Days and ad hoc tours ensuring we deliver an exceptional service for our client and Sodexo
- Conduct regular audits of your site to ensure high standards are met consistently and any areas of improvement are highlighted and resolved efficiently
- Oversee and deliver a minimum of two QOL events each month to students and capture necessary feedback sharing with the Residency Living team
- Promote self, team and service delivery on all relevant platforms including social media to engage with students and build key relationships
- Direct management of Assistant Accommodation Manager, supporting them in their learning and development.
For a full list of responsibilities please view the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of leading multi-skilled teams, preferably within the student accommodation or hospitality industry
- Proven experience of Continued Professional Development
- Knowledge of legislation pertaining to tenancy agreements
- Evidence of having worked within strict H&S guidelines
- Ability to prioritise own workload with minimal supervision and use of own initiative
- Ability to work quickly and calmly, especially under pressure and in emergency situations
- Experience of Data Protection, and handling sensitive issues in an appropriate manner
- Be a team worker with a flexible approach
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of working with, and the ability to empathise with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, and religions
- Experience of using databases, spreadsheets and other computer-based applications including Microsoft Office
- Flexible attitude to working, including willingness to work overtime, such as unsocial hours and weekends, especially between June and September.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
£31,000pa + great benefits
Location: Claude Gibb Hall, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Work Pattern – 40 hrs pw 09.00 to 17.30 Monday to Friday flexibility essential
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process