Weekend Catering Assistant
- To assist in the production of food and
- Service of school meals at School on a Saturday Morning
- (7hrs) Term Time Only.
- Reheat and serve meals in the student boarding houses on a Saturday and Sunday evening (6hrs per week)
- Term Time Only
- To comply with all the legal and hygiene requirements.
- To assist as directed, with all aspects of preparation and presentation of food to the company’s standards.
- To assist at service time by serving the customers, as directed, to the company standard, including correct portion control and promote a friendly atmosphere.
- To receive any training as is necessary to maintain the standards in the establishment.
- To undertake all aspects in the cleaning of equipment.
- To ensure work areas and equipment are left clean.
- To assist in loading service counters, as and when directed, and to ensure sufficient supplies throughout the service period.
- To accept deliveries, recording necessary temperatures and putting away as set out by safegard and your line manager.
- To ensure a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory and company regulations.
- To assist, from time to time, at special functions, some of which may occasionally occur outside working hours.
- To report immediately any incidents of fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate or possible.
- To report any customer complaints and take action, if at all possible.
- To attend any reasonable requests made by the Manager.
- To work in boarding houses, cooking and serving meals to students at weekend evening.
The Ideal Candidate
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- High Team Ethic and working principles
- Previous Catering Experience
- Food Hygiene Qualifications
- Customer Service Skills
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.