- To remove waste products from the designated waste collection areas when required.
- Adhere to Sodexo and Nestle policies and procedures as set out in individual contract and staff handbook
- Participate and support as an individual and team member to achieve overall team and business objectives
- Process all tasks within the defined timescales whilst liaising with the appropriate personnel to ensure an added value service is delivered
- Deliver a quality service to all customers and 3rd parties to ensure customer and client satisfaction
- Actively respond to adhoc requests from individuals and organisations ensuring they are either directed to the appropriate contact or provided with the appropriate information
- This is a no smoking site.Constraints may change from time to time, see staff notice boards
- Carry out any other duties and undertake any relevant training as is necessary to achieve overall business requirements
- To remove waste products from the designated waste collection areas when required
- To manually transfer waste materials
- Recycle any product identified as recyclable
- Use of a counter balance ( Fork lift Truck ) for the transport of waste materials / bins
- Use of Baler and Compactor
- Hazardous Waste removal
- Liaising with clients and Sodexo staff and managers
- Responsible for own H&S and that of those in the vicinity
- To assist with winter snow and ice clearances as and when required
- To ensure all Sodexo paperwork is completed in good time and kept up-to-date
- To ensure that all instances of client query or dissatisfaction are escalated to your management Team
- To work self-supervised during your day to day tasks
The Ideal Candidate
- Full driving license
- Fork lift truck licence
- Initiative and ability to identify solve and escalate problems accordingly
- A methodical and organised approach to work is essential to enable a proactive service to be delivered
- Due to the nature of the Facilities function, professionalism and a confidential approach in all aspects of work is essential
- Mature, confident and responsive manner
- Display initiative dealing effectively with issues unaided
- Ability to work both as part of a team and individually
- Exhibit good communication skills
- Relevant experience of working within the Recycling / waste environment
- To attend regular mandatory training
- Use of ppe to be considered with all activities
- Manual Handling Training
Key Performance Indicators
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly Tasks to be completed as scheduled and as directed
- Comply with company and statutory regulations relating to Safe Systems of work, SOP’s, H&S and KPI’s
- To deliver a consistent level of service, within the Company’s standards, to the contract specification and agreed performance
- Ensuring that all reasonable efforts are made to maintain the whole site according to the KPI’s and client/Sodexo instructions
Full Uniform provided
Good Pension Scheme
Training included, great staff benefits and discounts. Sodexo Reward Hub. 5% cashback on phone contracts and supermarket discounts. Employee of the Month reward
Cycle to work scheme.
Wellbeing support for all staff
Private GP appointments available
NVQ apprenticeship courses available and career progression.
Friendly working environment
Life Assurance Policy Available
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process