Vendor Governance Operative (Supply Chain Administrator) - 6m FTC
As Vendor Governance Operative (Supply Chain Administrator) you'll provide a high quality service to internal and external stakeholders across the Sodexo business, responding to issues and queries concerning Vendor Governance policies and procedures and the Sodexo approved supply chain, across food and non-food categories.
You'll review supplier information and documents as part of the supplier pre-qualification (PQQ), whilst also maintaining supplier contracts and contract management processes. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team and use your communication and administration skill set.
This role sits within Sodexo’s Supply Management function, part of the wider Service Operations platform. This is the part of our business that supports Sodexo’s segment development by providing procurement expertise and process standardisation across the market segments in which Sodexo delivers services. Service Operations leverages our global expertise and best practice to bring the best of Sodexo to all of our clients. It includes everything from FM expertise to food development through to bid support, health and safety, and contract design and management.
This role would suit an internal candidate who is looking for an intro into Supply Management for a short fixed term/Secondment opportunity.
- Day-to-day communication with suppliers and contractors via various means, including email and telephone
- Regular liaison with several Sodexo departments including Supply Management, Finance, HSEQ, Legal and operating business segments on all matters relating to supplier compliance, contracts, pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ), audits and overall vendor governance processes and policies
- Manage Sodexo’s supplier and contractor PQQ process – review new and existing supplier records in a cloud-based supplier platform (Arcus) and assess information and documents for quality, and compliance against defined risk management protocols
- Co-ordinate accurate population of data in spreadsheets and systems and the transfer of data into internal systems for valued sharing and reporting.
- Assist with supplier contract management process in the Arcus platform – check for errors and omissions, preparing documents, maintaining contract libraries, tracking & monitoring contract dates and co-ordinating signatures through DocuSign
- Maintain food supplier audit records in collaboration with internal HSEQ function – review food supplier records, check accreditations, identify non-conformances against Sodexo’s Code of Practice, schedule audits
- Involvement in occasional internal project work relating to Vendor Governance
- Obtain Dun & Bradstreet credit reports
- Run ad-hoc supplier reports and check supplier master data in SAP
- Attend internal meetings and occasional workshops (with infrequent travel) on aspects of Vendor Governance processes & systems
- Promote compliance and adherence to Sodexo’s procurement policies and risk management frameworks
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Master Data team, as and when required
- Update and maintain templates in the Vendor Governance Document Register, as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of GCSEs C Grades (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language.
- Strong communicator both written and orally, able to convey points of view successfully, with excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Process and policy driven with confidence to implement, enforce and challenge supply chain compliance
- IT literate with experience of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint, and other application systems and/or databases
- Methodical, organised, and accurate with excellent attention to detail, able to prioritise workloads effectively within a busy support service environment
- Looks for continuous improvement in process and performance
- Experience at delivering to SLAs and/or KPIs
- Collaborative team working skills but also able to work to own initiative, with strong problem solving skills
- Driven and motivated with a willingness to learn and progress, and the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Experience in a customer helpdesk, office administration or a customer service team
- Desirable experience in a compliance, supply chain and/or procurement role
- Ambassador for the Vendor Governance team, Supply Management department and wider Sodexo company
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process