Systems Support Specialist
Are you looking for a new challenging role? Do you have experience of working with business-critical systems?
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Support Specialist. You will help to ensure the smooth running and growth of our Operational Systems, specifically EQMS – Electronic Quality Management System. This will include building a deep technical understanding of the features and functions of the system, sufficient to be able to provide support and consultancy to end-users of EQMS. It will also be necessary to have a high-level understanding of the business processes that EQMS supports and compliance with GMP guidelines will be essential – training will be provided where appropriate. Sodexo’s EQMS tool supports operations with our clients in the life science sector. It automates processes that support quality accreditations such as ISO9001:2015 and builds a timestamped auditable database of records. Location is flexible and we would consider home working a few days a week with regular visits to Salford, Manchester. Visits to client sites and other Sodexo offices will also be required from time to time and may include global travel if necessary.
This role has scope for career development and as such would ideally suit someone who is currently working with systems in an IT environment (e.g. helpdesk) with the ability to quickly learn the EQMS system and become an expert.
- Helping to ensure business-as-usual operation and availability of EQMS. Highlight concerns so that they can be addressed
- Ensuring that EQMS is maintained, and that maintenance is undertaken in a controlled manner and documented
- Ensuring incidents are investigated and resolved in a controlled manner, documenting and communicating as appropriate
- Supporting development and deployment activity, including user profiles, organisation structures, document management and system and security configuration and documentation
- Supporting internal and third party suppliers in their work with EQMS
- Arranging and hosting EQMS events, including support and training sessions, documenting where appropriate
- Measuring usage activity and providing monthly management information reports
- This role is part of the Operational Systems team and there will be the requirement to support and cross train on other systems that form part of this team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills – Written and Oral
- Ability to analyse and understand business requirements, challenging them where appropriate
- Ability to convey technical solutions to business colleagues in non-technical language
- System administration experience, understanding of good IT working practices
- Organisational skills, able to work collaboratively and autonomously, self-managing and motivating, with an attention to detail
- Some flexibility in working hours: this is a global role and as such there are occasional requirements to be available in different time zones (e.g. Asia, North America)
- Educated to GCE A-Level or equivalent, with GCSE in both Maths and English
- Experience of working with business-critical systems
- Software testing experience
- Educated to degree-level
Up to £30,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.