Stock Control Manager
Are you an organised individual with a strong financial background? We are currently looking to recruit a Stock Control Manager for ACC Liverpool, to work closely with the culinary team to ensure food is ordered correctly, stock levels are maintained and invoices are processed.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, proven team management experience and a solid finance background.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
- Raise purchase orders to ensure that food is delivered to site in line with the planned production schedule
- Work closely with the Culinary team to ensure food is ordered correctly in line with the agreed service standard
- Consult current stock holding levels before placing orders to avoid the build-up of stock
- Liaise with food suppliers regarding queries on products, prices & deliveries
- Manage and control the invoice process from ordering to goods receipt, to ensure the accrual of costs are in the corresponding accounting periods
- Complete ownership of stock management system including periodic cleansing/updates
- Work with the Executive Chef & Commercial Accountant to achieve accurate financial results
- Manage and control the transfer of costs to other profit centres/sites
- Analysis of menu costings, purchase costs and event profitability
- Forge a strong working relationship with the finance, stock & culinary team
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of managing busy goods in operations
- Strong financial acumen
- Proven team management experience
- Ability to analyse purchasing data and offer recommendations to maximise profits
- Highly organised
£21,100 - £25,000 per annum + benefits
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.