Shop Operational Support Officer (OSO)
Do you want to make a difference in your local community? Why not join the HMP Forest Bank team and help support improvements to the quality of life all connected with the services we deliver. Can you make a difference?
HMP Forest Bank are recruiting for 2 Shop Operational Support Officers (OSOs) to support the Shop Manager and great team in the running of the Prison Shop area. The role involves both commitment and the ability to manage your workload effectively and to the standards required. While your shop duties will be your main focus, flexibility may be required on occasion to undertake other Operational support Officer Duties
Sodexo Justice Services delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
Awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People, HMP Forest Bank is one of the largest prisons in the UK and demonstrates custodial excellence in many areas with an emphasis on risk assessment, addressing comprehensive needs and forming strong links with the community outside which all contribute to reducing reoffending.
- Support the Shop Manager and great team in the running of the Prison Shop area.
- Providing the quality of services to internal and external stakeholders whilst also making sure that demanding targets are met.
While your shop duties will be your main focus, flexibility may be required on occasion to undertake other Operational support Officer Duties:
- First point of contact to the general public and official visitors.
- Provide an efficient and effective support service to operational staff in designated locations within the prison, including Gatehouse, Control Room, Visits, Security, Stores and Residential control areas.
- Operate and monitor security and supervision systems within the prison.
- Operate and input data into Sodexo systems.
- Report any problems or concerns, potential breaches of security or Health and Safety hazards to the Duty Manager immediately.
- Ensure a thorough handover to incoming staff, making them fully aware of recent and forthcoming events.
The Ideal Candidate
- Keen to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You must be professional, and a self-starter with good organisational and communication skills.
- IT literacy to include Outlook and Excel is preferred, as is an ability to work under pressure, pay attention to detail, and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have a proactive approach to Equality and Inclusion.
- Have a proactive approach to Health and Safety.
- The ability to challenge inappropriate behaviour.
- Ability to perform tasks alone or in a team to a high standard without constant supervision.
- Proactive, systematic approach to tasks.
Starting salary of £20,347.78 per annum
Excellent benefits including free onsite parking, shopping discounts, pension and 28 days holiday. 40 hours per week working shifts of 6am until 3pm Monday to Friday but with occasional changes due to bank holidays.
Please note: initial communication will be via email, please monitor your junk and spam folders to ensure you are aware of next stage requirements.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.