Senior Learning and Development Manager
At Sodexo we are always looking to recruit talented individuals and our HR L&D service teams are no exception. If you are an experienced Senior L&D Manager looking for the next opportunity, we want to hear from you.
Leading a team of 3 you will be responsible for promoting a learning culture within the Sodexo workforce by coordinating a range of learning and development activities which are aligned to the business strategy and comply with contractual and legislative requirements. You will support in designing and delivering a wide variety of training materials that work across both operational sites, support functions and remote working environments.
You will champion the Learning and Development agenda across our national locations while working closely with our global remit, working with our leadership and management team to ensure all training requirements are met and delivered consistently with excellence and supporting with growth and change across Sodexo.
This role would suit an ambitious delivery focussed Learning & Development professional who can embed themselves in the business to get under the skin of what they need. You will possess the ability to build strong working relationships, and a true passion to help drive the development strategy forward.
This position offers you the opportunity to further enhance your generalist knowledge, support in exciting events like Royal Ascot and the Chelsea Flower Show. You will enjoy loads of flexibility such as working from home and flexible hours, the opportunity for self-development, and a well-rounded benefits package with a contributory pension scheme and achievable bonus scheme.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be expected to do some travel with overnight stays (travel expense will be paid).
- Lead the delivery of the central L&D management development curriculum to the required standards
- Have a clear understanding of the L&D demand for the UK&I region and use this to forecast central L&D delivery plan
- Ensure the central L&D team or any external providers are maintaining appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation to allow tracking and evidence of training
- Using/working with multiple learning technologies, including e-learning, blended programmes, virtual classrooms and social learning
- Identify, manage and communicate with all required stakeholders – across HR & within the segments
- Work on specialised learning projects and support learning design when appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Holds a CIPD Level 3 certificate in training, learning and development or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively to other people across all levels and organisations
- Experience of managing a learning provision
- Previous experience as a Learning and Development or Training Manager
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience working in a similar role with multiple stakeholders to support.
- Ability to rapidly adapt to changing priorities.
- Capacity to innovate and work pro-actively.
- Experience in facilitation as well as presenting to groups.
- Strong ability to identify appropriate learning solutions such as workshops, webinars, online learning sessions etc
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Able to effectively guide and support your team
- Qualified to CIPD Level 5
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems
- Development of strategic planning and tactical actions for both current and future needs
- Excellent IT skills, to be able to generate spreadsheets and data on learning provision
Competitive salary plus 10% bonus and car/ car allowance
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance, free will writing, life assurance, 24hrs GP access and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave.
We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process