We currently have an opportunity for a Security Team Leader to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Operationally support in delivery of the agreed service levels.
- Manage your shift team including distribution of daily rotas, daily briefings/roll call, administration and holiday management.
- Monitor and control of Security Officer daily duties and actions to ensure compliance and maintain high standards
- Assist in leading the security team by fostering team spirit and co-operation, the encouragement of open expression of differing ideas and opinions and ensuring resolution.
- Assist and support induction and training needs to ensure they are identified and appropriate training & development is delivered.
- Support in delivery of SOP’s and maintenance of appropriate documentation sets across the security team
- Assist with auditing of all Security practices and process
- Assist in maintaining compliance with all Health & Safety legislation.
- Promote a secure and safe working environment on site through the implementation and continuous improvement of agreed Health and Safety actions.
- Assist and be a point of contact for Incident Management, ensuring that incidents are correctly managed and escalated as per client specifications.
- Complete the required Incident reports in the event of an incident, focusing on quality and timely reporting.
- Ensure that any complaints are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Manage the provision of CCTV, access control systems and alarm systems.
- Ensure that all equipment provided to assist security is fully operational with any issues reported.
- Ensure that there is a robust and effective key control process in place.
- Client liaison, working closely with the Security Manager
- Other day-to-day responsibilities as dictated by circumstances and the needs of the business and client.
The Ideal Candidate
- SIA Security Manned Guarding License
- Min 2 yr Corporate Environment
- Min 2 yr Team leading or Supervisory experience
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Basic computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- A 'Can do' attitude
- 3 -5 years Security experience preferred
- CCTV license would be an advantage
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication and training
Monday - Friday 0800/1600
£11.23 per hour
20 days annual leave + 8 stat days
working alongside a global drinks manufacturer
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.