This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. The job purpose will be to deliver the perfect cup of coffee to every customer in line with the required Brand Standards whilst at the same time delivering outstanding customer service.
- To deliver and maintain highest standards of customer service in the café bar.
- To be responsible for taking of monies, cashing up and floats and use automated till.
- To fill in appropriate paperwork and cashing up of tills at the beginning and end of each shift.
- To assist/complete routine stock counting, stock take, layouts, restocking and promotion set up.
- To be fully conversant with stock rotation principles. To rotate all stock and ensure that no out of date stock is on shelves.
- To clean cooking equipment, shelving, refrigeration and counters as needed to ensure that the cafe is maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness at all times.
- To manage incoming deliveries and ensure all correct stock is received and appropriately stored.
- Be responsible for checking delivery notes when appropriate.
- To be able to work as a member of a team or on own initiative as working hours dictate.
- Be available to work shifts in line with scheduled contracted hours including early, late and weekends.
- To ensure security of cash/cheques and documentation (eg till readings etc).
- To be fully conversant with company Health and Safety, policy and procedures and legal requirements.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks as directed by your Unit Manager, Team Leader or Supervisor and achieve within the specified deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good level of numeracy/literacy and an effective communicator as part of team
- Driven by quality, providing highest standards of service at all times
- Experience or knowledge of the retail/cafe environment
- Manual handling ability
- Food Handling and/or H and S qualification desirable
- IT skills an advantage
The role is for a Barista to work within our team at Birkbeck college, we are looking for enthusiastic team member to work weekends within our busy Costa Coffee outlet.
The ideal candidate's will have a passion for customer service, flexibility and have previous barista experience if possible. The role will involve opening and closing the cafe from 7.30am to 7.30pm every weekend.
The ideal candidate will also require strong organisational skills and be comfortable cooking & reheating food ready for the lunchtime service although training would be provided.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.