Four Acres is a unique site within our portfolio located in a private estate just outside Kingston Upon Thames. Set in beautiful grounds this tranquil venue offers the perfect facilities for its residential meeting and training programmes
This position offers an excellent work life balance with sociable working on a Monday – Friday basis with some evening Reception cover required
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience working with in events planning and coordination within a 4-5* residential environment
- Act as first point of contact for all queries in an efficient and concise manner
- Meet and greet all visitors and advise host of visitors arrival
- Act as point of contact for internal/external telephones queries
- Effectively build and maintain professional relations with both internal and external contacts
- Responding to all incoming enquiries in an efficient and professional manner
- Handle event enquiries including quoting, carrying out show rounds for booking and events
- Assist in managing events ensuring all client’s needs and requests are met, and all operational requirements are coordinated.
- You will assist in the day-to-day efficient operation of the Meeting and Events Office, dealing with enquiries to maximise the revenue by responding to all in-coming enquiries, providing proposals, meeting clients, converting bookings and co-ordinating all details relating to the events.
- Able to generate function sheets, group resumes, rooming lists and ensure all relevant departments have the correct information
- To grow and develop, existing customers through regular contact, meeting and greeting, follow up calls, etc.
- To ensure that all Meeting and Events organisers, and any VIP guests are met on arrival and departure, in order to ensure good customer relations and establish future business opportunities
- Demonstrate a knowledge of rooms, rates, packages, and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties
- Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal person
- Strong computer skills - PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of hotel management systems
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Previous events organisation experiences preferable
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to work within a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and being able to assist where is needed within Four Acres
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.