QHS Food & Safety Manager (1yr FTC)
We are currently looking for a QHS Food & Safety Manager to join our team over in the Sodexo Healthcare Segment. You will be responsible for ensuring Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental best practice is in place, and fully embedded across all elements of service delivery platforms within Sodexo.
You will be required to work proactively in promoting compliance to the Sodexo Food Safety Management System for all patient dining, retail and hospitality food areas of the business. In this role you will work alongside department managers to ensure ongoing compliance, conduct audits, and provide appropriate training to personnel.
This is a home-based role and a fantastic opportunity to join a passionate, forward thinking, enthusiastic team, who encourage and support personal growth and career development, providing training where necessary.
If you are a dynamic, self-driven individual, who thrives when challenged and has an eye for detail, and excellent time management skills, this role could be for you!
- Develop and lead the operation and promotion of an integrated management system, encompassing a pro-active environmental, health and safety culture across the regions; including risk assessment, accident prevention, health initiatives and acknowledged personal responsibility
- Facilitate the maintenance and management of environmental health, safety and well-being through systems, audit/ inspection and the establishment of high standards
- To report on the performance of the Food safety audits Management review meetings, and use this as a forum for any improvements
- Give guidance and advice on matters relating to the Environment and Health and Safety at work including the obligations and responsibilities of managers and employees
- Assist in the delivery of comprehensive operational technical training to promote, develop and sustain a positive Health and Safety awareness culture throughout business operations
- Promote legislative compliance, ensuring that all HSE aspects of the business are conducted in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements and Codes of Practice
- Provide support to the Health and Safety and Quality Management team, to ensure the Food Safety Management system reflects current legislation, NHS best practice and company policy
- Investigate Health &Safety, and Food Safety issues within the contracts and Segment, if required
- To liaise with Local Authority Inspectors and enforcement officials as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Diploma in Food Safety and Food legislation
- Higher Certificate in Food Premises Inspection
- Certification to NEBOSH General Certificate
- Commitment to HSE management and experience within an HSE role
- Good organisational and communication skills, able to confidently communicate at all levels, establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Excellent time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise, and demonstrate continuous improvement in the workplace
Where we can be flexible
- Certification to Level 6 Health and Safety Qualification (or to be met within agreed timescale)
- EHO experience
- Experience in soft FM safety management
Up to £36,500 + excellent benefits package
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.