We are seeking Pharmacy Advisor with excellent attention to detail to work within our healthcare team. Based in HMP Bronzefield, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to the health, well-being and rehabilitation of offenders within the establishment. You will under the guidance of the Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists, assist in the provision of a safe, efficient and cost-effective pharmaceutical service to residents.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
- Assist with general pharmacy duties and stock management within the actual prison pharmacy environment
- Work as an active member of the pharmacy team to ensure delivery of a legal, safe, high quality specialist prison pharmacy service which reflects national and local policy and priorities, considering the high level of security that must always be maintained
- Assist in the provision of a timely and efficient pharmacy service to the treatment areas on prison wings
- Have awareness of the location of medicine related policies, procedures and clinical guidelines with the prison
- Receive prescriptions and stock returns from wing based clinical areas
- Collect orders from suppliers from the main gate and arrange collection of returns
- Ensure procedures relating to good pharmacy practices are followed and high standards are maintained
- Participate in the efficient day to day running of the Pharmacy Department and assisting the senior team members when required
- Work with the Pharmacist and pharmacy technician to ensure the service is always represented by staff in a professional manner
- Have an awareness of medicines management and medicines optimisation
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- GPhC-accredited courses, GPhC-recognised qualifications or a GPhC approved apprenticeship pathways.Level 3 NVQ Level 3 Diploma, BTEC
- Experience of working in a custodial environment (desirable)
- Attention to detail and able to work in a pressurised environment
- Computer literacy: be able to use computer systems, equipment and programmes with the healthcare department
- Able to work well within a team
£21,463.43 + £3454 LW paid over 12 months
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.