Operational Support Officer (OSO)
HMP Bronzefield are recruiting for Operational Support Officers (OSO).
Sodexo Justice Services delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
- Effective Logistics Department service in accordance with HMP and Sodexo baselines to cover “Shop” and “Stores” functions.
- In conjunction with the Logistics Manager/Logistics Supervisor, to provide the support of the daily supervising of the residents working in the department.
- Ensure that the Staff and Residents Stores/Canteen/Shop Orders are processed, packed and ready for delivery onto the house blocks on the required days and times.
- Daily to Process Canteen/Shop/Stores orders ready for delivery onto the receiving department.
- Assemble stock from shelves against orders, check and pack orders and prepare stock trolleys ready for delivery onto the house blocks.
- Provide a first point of contact to the general public and official visitors in a polite and professional manner
- Ensure a thorough handover to incoming staff, making them fully aware of recent events and of any forthcoming events.
- Operate the pedestrian and vehicle access control panel
- Undertake Gate, Visits, Escorting and Communication Room duties, as assigned
- Perform searches of all vehicles and visitors in line with security procedures
- Ensure that staff escorting Prisoners to the Gate for release, have the appropriately signed Gate Passes
**full job descriptions are below**
The Ideal Candidate
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook and Excel).
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet targets and to respond effectively to changing priorities.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multitask and work to deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work within a large team
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Highly motivated and willing to learn
- Knowledge or experience of customer experience service delivery
- Flexible in approach
- Ability and proven experience of working in a structured environment
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Customer service background
- Awareness of issues effecting women in custody
Starting salary of £21,262.62, rising to £22,353,31 after 1 year + £3453 LW annually
Excellent benefits including free onsite parking, shopping discounts, pension and 28 days holiday including bank holidays. 40 hour shift pattern working week, including evenings, weekends, nights and bank holidays
Please note: initial communication will be via email, please monitor your junk and spam folders to ensure you are aware of next stage requirements.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process