HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for an OMU Administrator to work together with key partnerships including Community Rehabilitation Companies and National Probation Service to ensure the effective risk management and support is delivered in relation to those in our care. This role is an integral part of the overall running of the Offender Management Unit and includes Public Protection duties.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Maintain and update accurate data and figures on various database systems.
- Effectively prioritize and manage allocation of work to Offender Supervisors.
- Collate and effectively maintain Lifer / IPP paperwork for the purpose of Parole
- Raise all relevant paperwork accurately within the allotted time frames in line with both national and local public protection and safeguarding policy guidelines.
- Liaise effectively with internal and external partners such as Children’s Services/ Probation Services / Police Authorities / courts/ members of the public for the continued safeguarding of children, vulnerable adults and public.
- Maintaining accurate public protection data daily.
- Provide ad-hoc support to colleagues within the prison monitoring department when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability and enthusiasm to work as part of a high performing team.
- A sound understanding of IT systems includes Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain filing systems, both electronically and manually.
- Excellent level of numeracy and literacy skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to undertake job specific training.
- Ability to organise and manage tasks efficiently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Good level of attendance recorded.
- Security awareness.
£17,425 per annum plus benefits including free parking, free meals on duty, pension and shopping discounts.
37.5 hours per week
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.