We currently have an opportunity for a Leisure Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Management of Swimming Pool & Sports Hall Equipment, to include storage, issue & receipt, and the maintaining of records.
- Care of Fitness Suite Equipment, including regular checks, maintenance, the keeping of records, and performing customer familiarisations as required.
- Compliance with all shift patterns, work timings and regimes and Company employee policies.
- Thorough understanding of Gymnasium SOP’s
- The overall supervision of the facility user sheets as produced and issued by the Authority, as well as Company Quality Assurance support documentation and controls.
- The reporting to the Authority & Company of all breakages, losses and work service requirements.
- The storage, control and recording of all lost property.
- The control of all COSHH and cleaning stock.
- The daily cleaning regimes within the Gymnasium in compliance with the contract requirements.
- Ensuring overall compliance by all users, military and civilian alike, with Gymnasium safety practices.
- Liaison with both military and non-military users.
- Ensuring the compliance in all SHEF matters as required by the Company and those which are site specific.
- Responsible when necessary for the safe and expedient evacuation of the facility in the event of an emergency.
- Additional responsibilities/ad-hoc duties may be required from time to time.
- Man Reception on a daily basis, control entry to the facility, including checking of passes/id, and ensuring customers sign in
- Preparation of Sports Hall areas for programmed sessions, including setting up of equipment as required, and issue of PT/boxing equipment on MOD Form 7767.
- Complete weekly audits; stores equipment, sports hall equipment, fitness suite, locker check and Legionella.
- Ensure spectator seating, sports halls, fitness suites, squash courts, boxing suite, all stores and dry changing rooms are kept clean as necessary
- To aid Lifeguards in water emergency
- Cover Lifeguard duties when required by the Gymnasium management team
- Carry out leisure services reactive cleaning in accordance with SSS/SDS
- Lifeguarding/Supervising planned session in the swimming pool
- Attendance at the regular monthly staff training in all matters of life guarding techniques and first aid, maintain in date lifeguard qualification (NPLQ)
- To provide contingency cover for the Receptionist by covering the following assignments;
- Manage the Reception area, controlling duty Sodexo staff, and ensuring the area is kept tidy and presentable.
- Liaise with all on-site Military, Permitted Users and SDSL staff.
- Control the point of access to the Cpl Budd Gym during the requisite hours, security checking ID cards/passes, and ensuring that all visitors book in and out
- Operate the Amenities Bookings Help Desk, both COBRA and Manual systems, manage the taking of bookings for all Garrison Sporting Facilities, and communicate late bookings to Authority personnel and contractors.
- Manage Bookings Help Desk documentation, records and reports, and produce quarterly accounts for the Manager.
- Manage the timetable and plan accordingly to ensure equipment is set up where required for bookings.
- React to Help Desk events received, and communicate them effectively.
- Receive and respond to booking applications received out-of-hours.
- Man the Reception telephone system.
- Produce a weekly Use of Grounds/Facilities forecast, and distribute it accordingly.
- Complete any/all Reception administration tasks and supporting documentation.
The Ideal Candidate
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Experience working in a leisure facility
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Able to work on own initiative within team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- ICT skills (experience in using Word, Excel and Microsoft outlook)
- Customer focused individual
- Level 2 fitness instructor or level 3 personal trainer qualification (desirable)
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.