Learning and Development Manager
HMC/YOI Bronzefield are looking to recruit an Learning & Development Manager who will promote and develop a learning culture within the establishment by managing a range of learning and development activities which are aligned to the business strategy and comply with contractual and legislative requirements
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
· Research, devise, implement and manage the local learning and development plan with a focus on Management Development activity
· Proactively work with Senior Managers to understand the short and medium term learning requirements for the site and take accountability for site strategy in conjunction with the HRBP and wider business
· Coordinate and manage learning and development solutions in response to assessed operational need, including statutory and mandatory training, mentoring, apprenticeships and flexible learning options as appropriate
· Develop and deliver training modules using a variety of training methods to meet a variety of learning styles
· Implement evaluation strategies to monitor and continuously improve the effectiveness and quality of learning and development solutions
· Coach employees in business relevant topics, including Aspire and Personal Development Plans (PDRs)
· Creation of quality career plans using Ingenium and Talent and Succession processes within Aspire
· Ensure accurate records of all training undertaken by all staff at the establishment are maintained appropriately and book courses in a timely fashion along with associated administration being completed
· Ensure diversity, equality and inclusion practices are upheld in all L&D activities
· Coordinate and manage the Operational and Non-Operational Training Programmes including inductions for everyone and Initial Training Courses for Prison Custody Officers and Operational Support Officers
· Support the recruitment process, Welcome Evenings, Graduations, in partnership with PeopleCentre Team and HRBP
· Responsibility for employee induction and initial development requirements and liaising with managers over requirements for completion of probationary paperwork in accordance with Policy
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in research, design, coordination and delivery of learning and development solutions
- CIPD qualifications
- Experience in managing expenditure and budgets
- Strategic thinking and ability to understand business needs and planning
- Experience of working with stakeholders at all levels of business
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and manage a diverse remit
- Ability to manage and maintain L&D information systems
- Exceptionally organised and the ability to communicate clearly by a variety of means
- Experience working in a custodial environment
- Relevant Training / HR qualification
£40,000-£45,000 per annum depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.